Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
846 Posts
Home depot heavy-duty trash bags... if you must. Good idea if you're on a trip and it rains. I stay local mostly, but did get caught in a downpour once. Boots full of water!

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I had a 2016 Scout with aftermarket bags, not OEM. The best liners I found were dry bags from the kayak shop. Different colors for different things, two to each side.

·
Registered
609 Posts
On long trips with downpours, consider waterproof bags you can acquire inexpensively from most camping gear stores. They come in different sizes. I use the roll-top type with a flexible band and snap closures much like those on the saddlebags. Some gear in saddlebags won't need to be waterproofed. The OEM bags do a pretty good job of keeping out the rain as-is, but the damp/humidity can be a killer.

These are similar to what I use, though I don't pay the name brand prices listed here:
Osprey Ultralight Dry Sack | REI Co-op

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if I can get these in Canada, but I will look for something similar. We travel alot on the bikes and I am looking for something to make loading and unloading at hotels easier. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts