Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
Just picked up the S&S slip for my FTR, Does anybody have any experience it tips on removing the DB killer please? Is it just the 3 bolts to the rear of the pipes or do I have to remove the 2 on the side as well? I'd like to take the DB out before I install it on the bike. Thanks in advance. ? View attachment 575675 View attachment 575676
Is that a Stratocaster and/or a Telecaster?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes out easy, three bolts in the rear might need to tap the edge with small piece of wood but it comes right off then just pull out the dB, I put mine back in it was too loud.
What pipes did yours have originally? Akra? Do you like the sound of your S&s?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out the "how to" video on You Tube. Does the complete install, plus DB removal. Good video....
Yeah I saw that fella, the dude from J&P made it look to easy.... It sometimes doesn't go like that in real life. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for your comments chaps, got home from work and took the all of the bolts out... My end can was a lil stubborn and did not want to come off. Went into the loft and found an old metal curtain rail.... Put it in the other end of the pipe and tapped the bottom of the DB killer... Maybe 8 good hits later and it all came out, nice one. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts