Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe many of the Gilroy Scout owners have switched to this ignition system in the single fire mode. I have seen the install videos on you-tube so here is my question. When I find this system online I get a message that it does not fit a 2001 Indian Scout. I have the VOIS port on my intake manifold so does anyone know for sure if this system will work on my Scout before I spend some money. I still have the original ignition system with 17000 miles on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Crane Hi 4N on my 2001 Chief, which should be the same motor as the 2001 Scout. Looks like it's the same ignition but now has the S&S name on it. Seems like someone at Crane or S&S should know if they changed anything.
IMG_2393.JPG

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Oregon Tyee! I have the S & S Tech # in my cell phone so I will give them a call just to make sure it will work in my Bike before I buy it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old Gilroy Scout, Thanks for your info on the Ultima Programable Ignition System. It has good reviews and it is less $ than the S & S or the Crane. Thanks for all the help from you Guys! I am getting back into Bikes after being away for 50 years and started riding again in 2017 on a new Scout 60. I bought my 2001 Scout last month and I have been going through it and learning a lot from the Folks on this site. Thanks again!

·
Silver member
4,800 Posts
I believe mine has the Dyna Comp 2000i or something like that. Has failed me in nearly 19 years since putting it in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts