Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has purchased one of these cameras for use on their bikes? Are you happy with it and what about the battery life? Can it be powered by the bikes 12V electrical system?

·
Silver member
2,903 Posts
Hi Jim,
I have been happy with my Tachyon Biker Cam. My brother was a longtime bike LEO, and he and his buddies use it on their personal bikes, and recommend it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well let's try this. In your opinion what is the best camera to mount on your bike?
I borrowed my daughters Go Pro Silver 5 its awesome and then just use Microsofts video software nice and simple its mounted on the left side of my handlebars dont use the cheap bike clamps use the Go Pro original clamps I also have fitted the Scout usb bezel for charging

·
Bronze member
1,792 Posts
No idea about that camera, but I have an old Sony Bloggie camera with 360 lens attachment. Not the easiest or best to view, more of a novelty.

Just got a dual camera DVR yesterday, a Vsysto E6.

According to reviews this is okay, and someone complained about it not having mirror view for the rear camera. Updated info in box says it was added as of June (no idea which June, apparently this year).
Wireless to phone capability said to be iffy, and it is, but still possible.

The good... There's a fully waterproof (or water resistant?) version, P6, but this one isn't going to be exposed to rain; it's going into a saddlebag.
Not sure about the differences between models, the E6 says front camera has "Starvis" for improved low light video, and is 1080P. While rear camera is merely 720 HD. Did not see anything about Starvis for the waterproof Vsysto P6, but considering the E6 is a lower price model it might just be a sales tactic. There are a few other models besides the so-called 'waterproof' one.

Will be powering it by a battery pack I already had, via USB, instead of the included power module that could be switched by using the under-seat accessory wire. At least temporarily, until I can get connectors since it only had bare wire ends. And this way I only need to put the pair of cameras on with their wire cables put into place. It's supposed to be directly connected to battery, as well as an ignition key source. Confusingly it seems others might not use such a 3rd wire, not sure about that. Only going by pictures I've seen of the package parts.

It also has button pad to save a front/rear video permanently (otherwise loops over older ones), but I don't want to stick that onto the handlebars. Same as the DVR screen, I'm not wanting to see while riding anyway.

The bad... Didn't include a micro SD card, and when I tried to put one in it wouldn't snap in and stay. Just sprang back out. And yes, was put in correctly.
I was able to wedge it in by using a piece of rubber coated twist-tie that was wrapped onto the USB cable.
I would return it to Amazon but not going to bother with that since it works okay as it is. A chance this camera system won't last more than a year anyhow when warranty is out.

Sykik brand model FR1 looks same, $20 more at Amazon, has same 140 degree views (well, E6 has 120 rear view). Cheaper version CR1 only has 90 degree views. Obviously a gamble to try any of these things concerning quality. I was almost going to try a $50 dual camera DVR sold through Walmart but thought it could only be worse if I did. No way of knowing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts