Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Russell seat

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Sik Wil 
#1 ·
The new seat arrived today. I had been tracking the shipment and it said today, so I was getting the bike cleaned up when it showed up. My first impression is really good. The craftsmanship is obvious right away, packed with care also. I mounted it on the bike and so far have just sat on it in the shop. My first ride will be this evening and more over the weekend. I'm sure hoping it's a great improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
We rode just 40 miles tonight after dinner, just enough to get a little taste. I think it raised me about an inch over the stock seat. That isn't a problem for me, my feet still hit the ground flat. I noticed that when I stop, as I am putting my feet down the flared out portion of the seat kinda pulls my butt forward in the seat. It will just take some getting used to because it is different. Not a bad thing, just different. The comfort level seems extremely good for me, my wife said that passenger pad was really comfortable as well. I plan to ride more over the weekend, I'll let you guys know more about after a few more miles.

#11 ·
Yesterday I was fortunate to be able to get my first opportunity to spend some time on my Russell seat. 300 mile day, country roads, highway miles at high speed, the whole gamut. I can honestly say that I have found the seat that works well for me. I've had many Harley factory seats, 2 Corbin seats, Mean City reworked seats, Big Dog factory seats, custom made seats from overpriced custom seat makers. For the first time ever I had NO squirm impulses yesterday, my butt had no hotspots, no dull ache or tailbone pain. The backrest has vertical adjustments and swivels if you lean back. The craftsmanship that goes into these seats is probably the best I've ever seen, the leather quality is top notch. The price is right about where Corbin's price is, which is plenty. If I am riding a long day either locally or cross country, I hate wanting or needing to stop because I'm uncomfortable. Once that starts and the day progresses, I have to stop more often. Nothing works for everyone, but this seat is the most comfortable I've ever sat on.

#12 ·
Yesterday I was fortunate to be able to get my first opportunity to spend some time on my Russell seat. 300 mile day, country roads, highway miles at high speed, the whole gamut. I can honestly say that I have found the seat that works well for me. I've had many Harley factory seats, 2 Corbin seats, Mean City reworked seats, Big Dog factory seats, custom made seats from overpriced custom seat makers. For the first time ever I had NO squirm impulses yesterday, my butt had no hotspots, no dull ache or tailbone pain. The backrest has vertical adjustments and swivels if you lean back. The craftsmanship that goes into these seats is probably the best I've ever seen, the leather quality is top notch. The price is right about where Corbin's price is, which is plenty. If I am riding a long day either locally or cross country, I hate wanting or needing to stop because I'm uncomfortable. Once that starts and the day progresses, I have to stop more often. Nothing works for everyone, but this seat is the most comfortable I've ever sat on.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your dimensions? Height, weight, inseam, etc?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.