Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new seat arrived today. I had been tracking the shipment and it said today, so I was getting the bike cleaned up when it showed up. My first impression is really good. The craftsmanship is obvious right away, packed with care also. I mounted it on the bike and so far have just sat on it in the shop. My first ride will be this evening and more over the weekend. I'm sure hoping it's a great improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Wow! Dang that thing looks comfy! I’ve been eyeballing the day longs for my Roadmaster. Looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That looks sweet and super comfortable. I bought a Corbin but that Russel looks sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long did it take to get it and what did it run you?
The seat is 800, the backrest is 300, then 80 shipping. I had a build date of June 30th and it arrived back here mid day.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That back rest looks huge I like it, does it fold forward like OEM

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The backrest is very comfortable and yes, it folds forward and it is adjustable up and down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We rode just 40 miles tonight after dinner, just enough to get a little taste. I think it raised me about an inch over the stock seat. That isn't a problem for me, my feet still hit the ground flat. I noticed that when I stop, as I am putting my feet down the flared out portion of the seat kinda pulls my butt forward in the seat. It will just take some getting used to because it is different. Not a bad thing, just different. The comfort level seems extremely good for me, my wife said that passenger pad was really comfortable as well. I plan to ride more over the weekend, I'll let you guys know more about after a few more miles.

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
The new seat arrived today. I had been tracking the shipment and it said today, so I was getting the bike cleaned up when it showed up. My first impression is really good. The craftsmanship is obvious right away, packed with care also. I mounted it on the bike and so far have just sat on it in the shop. My first ride will be this evening and more over the weekend. I'm sure hoping it's a great improvement.

Looks good

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
OST for updates...I have the Corbin Fire and Ice, but after two hours I have to stop and stretch.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterday I was fortunate to be able to get my first opportunity to spend some time on my Russell seat. 300 mile day, country roads, highway miles at high speed, the whole gamut. I can honestly say that I have found the seat that works well for me. I've had many Harley factory seats, 2 Corbin seats, Mean City reworked seats, Big Dog factory seats, custom made seats from overpriced custom seat makers. For the first time ever I had NO squirm impulses yesterday, my butt had no hotspots, no dull ache or tailbone pain. The backrest has vertical adjustments and swivels if you lean back. The craftsmanship that goes into these seats is probably the best I've ever seen, the leather quality is top notch. The price is right about where Corbin's price is, which is plenty. If I am riding a long day either locally or cross country, I hate wanting or needing to stop because I'm uncomfortable. Once that starts and the day progresses, I have to stop more often. Nothing works for everyone, but this seat is the most comfortable I've ever sat on.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yesterday I was fortunate to be able to get my first opportunity to spend some time on my Russell seat. 300 mile day, country roads, highway miles at high speed, the whole gamut. I can honestly say that I have found the seat that works well for me. I've had many Harley factory seats, 2 Corbin seats, Mean City reworked seats, Big Dog factory seats, custom made seats from overpriced custom seat makers. For the first time ever I had NO squirm impulses yesterday, my butt had no hotspots, no dull ache or tailbone pain. The backrest has vertical adjustments and swivels if you lean back. The craftsmanship that goes into these seats is probably the best I've ever seen, the leather quality is top notch. The price is right about where Corbin's price is, which is plenty. If I am riding a long day either locally or cross country, I hate wanting or needing to stop because I'm uncomfortable. Once that starts and the day progresses, I have to stop more often. Nothing works for everyone, but this seat is the most comfortable I've ever sat on.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your dimensions? Height, weight, inseam, etc?

·
Registered
243 Posts

Speaking from experience, the more you sit on it, the better it will get. The better half and I went on a 1200 mile weekend getaway over the 4th of July and after a 10 hour ride with no stops except for gas, my back didnt hurt, butt wasnt numb and no hot spots. Im glad you got one. Now go enjoy it.

·
Registered
141 Posts

A little 20+ mile ride after install feels pretty good. Can’t wait till day off a good weather.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

A little 20+ mile ride after install feels pretty good. Can’t wait till day off a good weather.

Glad to see you got it. Give us a little review when you get a few miles on it. Looks great!

·
Registered
2019 Chieftain Limited
62 Posts
just placed my order waiting for my production date.... ive heard nothing but good things about these seats i was on the fence about buying a ultimate seat but im going with Russell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts