Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,727 Posts
Why selling? Did you not like the way it pushes you forward when you stop? That’s the one thing I don’t like about mine. I’m going to have mine reworked. But curious as to why selling a seat that takes so long to get in the first place.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just doesn't relieve my tailbone pain. Definitely not spending another$80-90 to have it shipped all the way back to California to have it adjusted.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
Where are you located

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sure wish it fit on my Challenger

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,727 Posts
I had an Ultimate but always wanted a Russell Day Long so I sold the Ultimate to get one. Should have left well enough alone. Big mistake. I found out later that Russell is no longer the seat they were. They were sold and the new guy is selling on name only. And to top it off, the original owner of Russell is now making his saddles again under a different name. I have this suspicion that had I known that and got one from him I’d be perfectly happy. But I just about have mine reworked where I’m comfortable all day now anyway. Removed some foam and replaced with some carpet foam of all things. Soft but firm at the same time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know the name of the company the former owner of Russell is using now for his saddles?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I second the above question. I just bought a roadmaster seat to have it reworked. I want it done by the best.

·
Rider
869 Posts
I also have tailbone soreness and the corbin dual tour feels really good to me.
I also know the more you push yourself back stretching out the more pressure on tail bone.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
I had an Ultimate but always wanted a Russell Day Long so I sold the Ultimate to get one. Should have left well enough alone. Big mistake. I found out later that Russell is no longer the seat they were. They were sold and the new guy is selling on name only. And to top it off, the original owner of Russell is now making his saddles again under a different name. I have this suspicion that had I known that and got one from him I’d be perfectly happy. But I just about have mine reworked where I’m comfortable all day now anyway. Removed some foam and replaced with some carpet foam of all things. Soft but firm at the same time.
good to know

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It does have a riders backrest. Is yours heated? One piece or two? This is the only pics I have on my phone. Can take more when I get home. What was the original seat? Stock INDIAN chieftain?
Mine is not heated but is a two piece. The original seat pan is a Mustang for a Chieftain.
Which version do you have, reduced reach, midrider or tall boy?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts