Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
daylongwithbackrest.JPG
My Russel Day Long Touring seat for my Scout just came in last night 3/19.
Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle

Installed pics to follow once I get my Bassani 2 into 1 pipes on; hopefully this weekend.
Thought I would give the curious a sneek preview.
This seat is guaranteed to be day long comfortable! It is superbly made, the leather matches nicely and it has removed the tailbone hot spots the OEM seat has.
It is also reminiscent of the old time bikes with those wider saddles. I am headed in a more retro direction. If I really freaking like it I may send Day Long my Mother Roads slippery seat and see if they can do the same thing.
IMG_0539.JPG

·
2015 Thunder black smoke Scout
312 Posts
Did you get this custom made? I just took a look at their website but saw nothing for Indians. Looking forward to seeing install pictures!

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get this custom made? I just took a look at their website but saw nothing for Indians. Looking forward to seeing install pictures!
@nathansilk Yes - they told me they had done a few scouts but didn't have any pics - well here's some pics.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Looking forward to some ride reports as you use it

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awesome - my hubby has said this would be the best seat for me - now to see it on the bike and start the process.. I seem to sit more on the angle back part of the seat than the bucket part and after 100 miles I am uncomfortable. We want to do week + rides this summer and I need more than my stock seat! Please keep us updated and encourage them to get their site updated!

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. I have one on my BMW and love it. How much did it cost if you don't mind my asking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@Jotni everything in leather was about $525.00 u.s. if I chose vinyl it would be $150.00 cheaper.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome - my hubby has said this would be the best seat for me - now to see it on the bike and start the process.. I seem to sit more on the angle back part of the seat than the bucket part and after 100 miles I am uncomfortable. We want to do week + rides this summer and I need more than my stock seat! Please keep us updated and encourage them to get their site updated!
@Cindy that is exactly what I was doing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
@Cindy that is exactly what I was doing.
Awesome Rudy - I have a couple more ?? - did you provide your seat pan? From the pictures is that rider and passenger seats and is the part that rises from the seat a builtin back rest or how they build the seat? If you did both rider and passenger then do you know what the cost for just the rider would be? and lastly how long from when they start till you get your seat? Looking forward to seeing it on your bike!

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome Rudy - I have a couple more ?? - did you provide your seat pan? From the pictures is that rider and passenger seats and is the part that rises from the seat a builtin back rest or how they build the seat? If you did both rider and passenger then do you know what the cost for just the rider would be? and lastly how long from when they start till you get your seat? Looking forward to seeing it on your bike!
@Cindy I provided RDL with my own seat pan (I bought a used OEM seat here on the NET to use while RDL had mine). You fill out all the paper work with pics and RDL gives you a build date (busy season now) the whole process took me 15 days. Since I had the extra seat I didn't miss a ride.
RDL requires you take a series of specific pictures of you riding - not posing; with those they analyze what the problems are and build the seat from your pan.

The pictures I posted are of the reworked drivers seat and the reworked drivers backrest only. Both required you provide the OEM part.

RDL has a special material / system that feels great on the backside and are really smart about where to place seams and stitching.

When I get my bike all together and test ride things - I will probably have an OEM seat to sell to another NET member for what I paid for it - call it a hot seat [woot] They can turn around and do the same.[angelic]

I have thought about sending my extra OEM seat to Alligator Bob:ADVANCED Custom Design ::: Motorcycle Seats and Saddlebags ::: Harley Davidson ::: Exotic Skins, Alligator, Crocodile, Calf-Skin, Leather, Ostrich, Python, Stingray, Custom Made Motorcycle Seats to have him make me a show seat with all the flowing tassels etc... But I can't decide which bank to rob.[greedy]

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Eagerly awaiting the pictures of the seat installed.... I am wondering if it is going to retain the "Indian Scout" look that we have all grown to love.
Hard to tell just looking at the seats on the table?!?!?!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I hope you are able to find the seat that fits you best! I ordered a Corbin single saddle and it was less than the one he got, but he has a 2-up. My pic is attached and I LOVE it and can't wait for the weather to clear on the east coast so I can start putting some miles on it! I loved that I could do a tri-color seat so that there is no "right" color for the leather - I can wear tan, brown and black and it's all good!
IMG_2911.JPG

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eagerly awaiting the pictures of the seat installed.... I am wondering if it is going to retain the "Indian Scout" look that we have all grown to love.
Hard to tell just looking at the seats on the table?!?!?!
@RBinTEX I'm slower than I want to be just got the pipes on:
2015scoutbassaniinstall.JPG

I am hoping with my powder coated beach bars and the big seat, it's going to take on that retro look. Of course I will have to ditch the tail bag

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you are able to find the seat that fits you best! I ordered a Corbin single saddle and it was less than the one he got, but he has a 2-up. My pic is attached and I LOVE it and can't wait for the weather to clear on the east coast so I can start putting some miles on it! I loved that I could do a tri-color seat so that there is no "right" color for the leather - I can wear tan, brown and black and it's all good! View attachment 37959
@LH Rizzi I really like the two tone seat :)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
View attachment 37880
My Russel Day Long Touring seat for my Scout just came in last night 3/19.
Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle

Installed pics to follow once I get my Bassani 2 into 1 pipes on; hopefully this weekend.
Thought I would give the curious a sneek preview.
This seat is guaranteed to be day long comfortable! It is superbly made, the leather matches nicely and it has removed the tailbone hot spots the OEM seat has.
It is also reminiscent of the old time bikes with those wider saddles. I am headed in a more retro direction. If I really freaking like it I may send Day Long my Mother Roads slippery seat and see if they can do the same thing.
View attachment 37878
THIS. This is the seat I've been waiting for.

·
Registered
656 Posts
@Cindy I provided RDL with my own seat pan (I bought a used OEM seat here on the NET to use while RDL had mine). You fill out all the paper work with pics and RDL gives you a build date (busy season now) the whole process took me 15 days. Since I had the extra seat I didn't miss a ride.
RDL requires you take a series of specific pictures of you riding - not posing; with those they analyze what the problems are and build the seat from your pan.

The pictures I posted are of the reworked drivers seat and the reworked drivers backrest only. Both required you provide the OEM part.

RDL has a special material / system that feels great on the backside and are really smart about where to place seams and stitching.

When I get my bike all together and test ride things - I will probably have an OEM seat to sell to another NET member for what I paid for it - call it a hot seat [woot] They can turn around and do the same.[angelic]

I have thought about sending my extra OEM seat to Alligator Bob:ADVANCED Custom Design ::: Motorcycle Seats and Saddlebags ::: Harley Davidson ::: Exotic Skins, Alligator, Crocodile, Calf-Skin, Leather, Ostrich, Python, Stingray, Custom Made Motorcycle Seats to have him make me a show seat with all the flowing tassels etc... But I can't decide which bank to rob.[greedy]
Thank you so much @Rudy I will be looking for an extra seat to use and start the process!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts