·
Bronze member
1,448 Posts
PM sent
RACNRAY

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe I don't look at things the same way everyone else does, but I am not interested in a dyno chart. I do like a little acceleration and riding comfortably at interstate speeds. My concern here is heat. I am debating between just decatting the header, getting a Jackpot or changing the exhaust entirely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The duals help with heat and in my opinion look and sound much better. The only place I noticed the power difference was on the top end 100mph plus

·
Registered
48 Posts
The duals help with heat and in my opinion look and sound much better. The only place I noticed the power difference was on the top end 100mph plus
That is quite the opposite of what others say. They say they loose torque in the lower RPM.s. Or is a 100mph where you start?

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Jimfox3 I have never felt an Indian Chieftain without true duals, but I never have had any issues with heat with Freedom True Duals with Vance and Hines. Since I'm in Texas, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it doesn't have a cat.
So, take that for what it's worth. The bike has enough low end for me. My car is supercharged and I have had 700+ horsepower cars. These bikes aren't going to win any races, but they can get out of their way and pass cars just fine.
That's enough for me.
I agree, chasing numbers is a waste.. it's power under the curve anyway. You can go to 5 different dynos and get 5 different results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts