Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year. Time to upgrade. I have 15 rm. I thinking rush pipes they are supposed to be ceramic coated to lower heat. I’ve looked at stage 2 tips. Wanting to go with stage cams. Win changing cams will I need to upgrade valve and springs. I not sure by doing this will I have to go a turner if so what type.

·
Bronze member
1,510 Posts
If you go with the Indian S2 cams, there is no need to replace the springs. I have the Indian S2 on my '15 RM and haven't had an issue after 35K miles. There are many that have done the S&S 558 cams without replacing the springs as well. As for a tuner, the Indian cams come with a download, all others would require some form of tune to make it run properly.

If you are thinking of doing the springs anyway, I would suggest just going with the BB upgrade kit. More or less the same amount of labor and you get additional grunt for about $2K more.

Reactions: Indian-Corey

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
If you go with mufflers only you can go with a stage 2 flash. If you delete the cat and go full system you need a PV3 tuner and really should have either CraigB send you a tune or get it dyno'd by a good tuner. And I agree with JoeGopher on the aftermarket stuff with springs and dyno tune.

·
Rider
1,569 Posts
My recommendation listen to exhaust on you tube, go the 111 performance tab on the forum and read up. Stage 2 cams are fine with stock valve springs and the headpipe is what’s causing a majority of the heat not the slip ons albeit any heat reduction may help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go with the Indian S2 cams, there is no need to replace the springs. I have the Indian S2 on my '15 RM and haven't had an issue after 35K miles. There are many that have done the S&S 558 cams without replacing the springs as well. As for a tuner, the Indian cams come with a download, all others would require some form of tune to make it run properly.

If you are thinking of doing the springs anyway, I would suggest just going with the BB upgrade kit. More or less the same amount of labor and you get additional grunt for about $2K more.
My recommendation listen to exhaust on you tube, go the 111 performance tab on the forum and read up. Stage 2 cams are fine with stock valve springs and the headpipe is what’s causing a majority of the heat not the slip ons albeit any heat reduction may help.
Thanks for the get back the info helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the reply. I have 36000 miles on it now. I will check out the bb kit

·
Rider
1,569 Posts
Anytime... there’s just a lot of info on different slip on mufflers that reading through can exhaust you....... ok bad dad joke still working on those

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just gotta say, I have Rush headers and War Horse pipes on my 2017 DH along with Indian 2 stage cams. I was running a custom built tune but lost it when Indian upgraded the gear switch software. The dealer installed a factory tune, which I haft to say runs pretty good. It dropped the throttle response but lowered the idle sped so you get an awesome Lopy idle. Sounds F'n amazing. Here is the You Tube link that sealed the deal for me..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts