Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 Scout 60 that I drilled both plugs out of mufflers but not the catilist. I'm fixing to install the Indian High Performance intake at home but I would have to ride 55 miles to get it flashed. I don't think it would hurt the engine but wandered if any one else had done something similar and what they experience.
Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nope. When I changed my intake to a Zippers and fitted V&H slip ons I had to ride 40 miles or so to Dynotune - the engineer told me it would be fine just don't ride crazy!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
I changed both the air and the exhaust with my scout. My dealer told me it'd be okay, but wot might suffer. Either a flash from the dealer or aftermarket tuner would work just fine.

Put a gman tuner on, and it was perfect for four years.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I had put, on my Chief, a Stage 1 exhaust, a K&N high flow air filter, and had added extra breathing holes to my bedpan air cleaner housing with no ill effects.
I think the flashes to your bike's brain is mostly to keep your bike in EPA emission standards Kosher and legal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had dealer install air filter and then flash. They had trouble getting clamp off front of intake. Bike runs great, can tell big difference at higher RPM' s. Thanks for the replays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts