Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my 2017 is clacking like a diesel I figured I'd used diesel fuel. I sure didn't buy it that way, sounding like that... or expect anybody else to buy it sounding like that so I'm stuck with a $32,000 bike and the dealership wants to give me 16,500. 00.. Rant
Also anybody can help me with the starter because the dealership can't figure it out it's pulling amps and throwing a code. Lloyd's Charlotte

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put some cams and a tuner in it and you will be happier
Im sure they can fix the starter issue
Ya just spent $1000bucks.. And you cant get your original investment back..
The reason i purchased a new cruiser was to cruise...keep it stock,! warranty reasons and i have a money pit already,$ not lookin for another. (Chopper)$
, $32,000.00 bike, the passive owneres must not ride there bike.. Im lookin to spend the money riding and hotelin with my life not workin to support engineers that havent evolved..
I need the passive drugs the calm patients if the home boys...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap out the starter if its current draw is above specs.
Second time I've had in the dealership
There dragging their butts on replacement cuz that's what I'm after.

I thought there was a recall on it actually

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
They use a similar Lucas PMG starter that had a recall on certain Scout bikes. I don't know if the problem is that widespread to cause a recall on any of the other models. There is a post on here somewhere detailing experiences of a fella who opened up his starter case to see what was going on and it definitely needed a rebuild/replacement. These are fairly lightweight direct-drive units cranking against a sometimes very substantial drag in our Thunderstrokes. My 116 cranks slowly and even balks from time to time.

·
Early joiner
236 Posts
Second time I've had in the dealership
There dragging their butts on replacement cuz that's what I'm after.

I thought there was a recall on it actually

The dealership might be busy interviewing those 40 HD employees recently laid-off.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
hey dman, ya think if they all went with a higher CCA battery. that might make the starter last longer. i'm not an electrician, but to me a higher cca would make starter perform better an increase performance on all the electrical attached to the battery.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ya just spent $1000bucks.. And you cant get your original investment back..
The reason i purchased a new cruiser was to cruise...keep it stock,! warranty reasons and i have a money pit already,$ not lookin for another. (Chopper)$
, $32,000.00 bike, the passive owneres must not ride there bike.. Im lookin to spend the money riding and hotelin with my life not workin to support engineers that havent evolved..
I need the passive drugs the calm patients if the home boys...

Keep your bike in good condition for say 50 years and you'll most likely get you investment back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey dman, ya think if they all went with a higher CCA battery. that might make the starter last longer. i'm not an electrician, but to me a higher cca would make starter perform better an increase performance on all the electrical attached to the battery.
Been real happy with this Yuasa. Been pushin that struggling starter all season..

Search Results For: - Yuasa Battery, Inc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts