Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I got my RM back today from her Piston Enlargement procedure A.K.A. Big Bore Kit.

MAN is she loud (The bike, not the wife.....yet). I just have Rush Warhorse slip ons. I might have to rethink baffle size.

I live in a very quite neighborhood. Moma can't stand when I blast the Harmon Kardon stereo in the MB pulling into the hood.

I didn't get on it too much but man what a difference at the throttle!!

Small edit:
Thats it, Im done (I know, I know, I've said it many times), finally got the bike right where I want it. No more upgrades, add ons, nothing. D.O.N.E. DONE.

P.S. I do want to add that Arnott adjustable rear air shock.

God I hate this forum. 2 years ago I knew nothing. YOU GUYS have MADE me spend thousands!!!!

·
Rider
637 Posts
Well, I got my RM back today from her Piston Enlargement procedure A.K.A. Big Bore Kit.

MAN is she loud. I just have Rush Warhorse slip ons. I might have to rethink baffle size.

I live in a very quite neighborhood. Moma can't stand when I blast the Harmon Kardon stereo in the MB pulling into the hood.

I know that drill!!! Live in a cluster home and they're 16' apart, neighbor has 2 babies...drag the clutch and sneak it into the garage!!! Has to stay stock 111 for now!

·
Bronze member
2,530 Posts
Awesome, post some updates later after you do get a chance to get on the throttle a bit. Cheers.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Bronze member
5,057 Posts
Many years ago Yamaha had a flap inside the pipes somewhere that closed down at lower rpm town riding and opened up with open road throttle. Since having my bike decatted and 558 cams put in my bike is considerably louder and I sometimes think about that Yammy thing while riding around town. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sometimes noise can work in your favor. Between my 116 and the buffalo air horn my new neighbor has learned to keep his yappy dog under control. Once again I can partake of my driveway and yard without some clowns dog barking at me and mine.

·
Rider
934 Posts
I just have stage one but with freedom true duals with no baffles. A neighbor buddy of mine sold his HD to pay for his divorce so I have some fun every time I drive by. I pull in the clutch and crank it to about 5k every time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

MAN is she loud (The bike, not the wife.....yet). I just have Rush Warhorse slip ons. I might have to rethink baffle size.

Small edit:
Thats it, Im done (I know, I know, I've said it many times), finally got the bike right where I want it. No more upgrades, add ons, nothing. D.O.N.E. DONE.

God I hate this forum. 2 years ago I knew nothing. YOU GUYS have MADE me spend thousands!!!!
God I hope there is no such thing as STAGE 4!!!!

·
Diamond member
9,090 Posts

Small edit:

Wait till we send you the service fee bill for all the knowledge you got from here.....

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Thanks for the info! Everything I've read shows mufflers and air cleaners as 1st parts to change!
While I really try not to offend folks, I've gotta be direct here. When you see a "factory" or dealer notation, or if you are told directly BY ANYONE that you MUST have non-stock (read: LOUDER & MORE EXPENSIVE) exhaust and intake components in order to run Stage 2 cams or the Stage 3 Big Bore Kit there is only one way to reply... BULLSH*T!

The TS111 exhaust system flows VERY WELL and so does it's intake. In fact, the Stage 1 "Performance Intake" (which I have) is no less restrictive than the OEM air cleaner and is probably MORE restrictive. The OEM intake gets fresh, plentiful air from the BIG intake opening in the front of the main frame and the Stage 1 doesn't. The OEM exhaust system has two BIG, good-flowing mufflers, being fed by BIG pipes from the heads.

My own Stage 3 engine, with ported cylinder heads runs fantastic with the stock exhaust parts, albeit with a gutted catholic converter, and the Stage 1 intake. I only gutted the converter to reduce felt heat and I'm running the Stage 1 intake because I like the way it looks. I'm still hoping that one day K&N will come out with a real high-performance replacement for the Stage 1 paper element filter.

Funny... the first time I rode my Stage 3 Roadmaster to the dealer, a couple of guys checked it out and said, "stock exhaust?" I replied, "Yeah. It's a freaking touring bike. I've got no use for a lot of noise." And it's a BEAST!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.