Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these yet on the Challenger? If so, how difficult, can you gain access without having to take fairing off and did they fulfill your objective? I'm about 5'11' but was born with short arms (and NOT deep pockets!) and when I go from my Chieftain to my Challenger, it seems that I'm reaching for the grips a little bit. Either the seat is further back in the Challenger, or perhaps the bars are closer to the front of the bike. Can I adjust the stock bars to pull back another inch or so, or do I need to go with these risers? Looking for some input here. Maybe this has been presented before in an earlier thread, but I didn't see anything. Thnx in advance!!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can't speak for the Rox Risers, but depending on where your bars are now you might be able to rotate the bars to get more pull back. I know I was able to rotate mine away for less pull back and more height.

·
Rider
944 Posts
I am also interested in this as a friend has a challenger and is wanting his bars closer to him.

I know I was able to rotate mine away for less pull back and more height.
Did you just rotate them up and this in effect moves them away?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Has anyone installed these yet on the Challenger? If so, how difficult, can you gain access without having to take fairing off and did they fulfill your objective . . .
did you attempt this mod? was it possible with the touch screen in the way?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I ordered the Indian extended reach handlebars which are 2 inches longer than the stock bars. They pretty much took care of the reach issue for me.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger Limited in Bright Freaking Red!
76 Posts
I contacted them about risers for my Challenger, and they say none of theirs will fit, because the ride command housing eliminates the room that would be needed. I put the reduced reach bars on my bike, and I could still use another 1.5-2”, so it’s unfortunate. The only solution I’ve seen so far is a custom dash kit that puts the ride command screen on top of the dash and moves the analog gauges over the speakers. Not crazy about the look, but it does allow you more flexibility for custom bars/risers. One thing to keep in mind as well, the Challenger’s computer system requires the factory wires - you can’t cut them/extend them without causing lots of issues with the computer system. So even if you wanted to spend $1000 for the custom dash kit, buy new bars, risers, etc, you’d still need to be sure you can use the factory wires as-is. Very odd engineering decision to make for a motorcycle where customization is a big part of ownership! 🤦‍♂️
Here’s a link to the custom dash set up if that’s something you’re interested in doing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts