Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had big dreams of planning a route ahead of time and following that route on the bikes built in navigation. It is a little more complicated than I pictured it. How do new Chieftain and Roadmaster owners do this on the Ride Command system? Can you use an app on the phone that you can download to the Ride Command?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I either download routes from motorcycleroutes, or I will use Furkot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
Tyre is also very good.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Pick a destination, go that direction. Use your GPS when you get close. Some of the best roads I've ever been on were not planned.

·
Bronze member
2,639 Posts
You should be able to use the HD Ride Planner. You'll have to create an acct first. It creates the route in .gpx format. Indian/Polaris has a similar site (riderX), but I've never used it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have planned routes using Garmin's Basecamp software, and then imported them to the "Scenic" APP on my iPhone. Scenic will import the file and provide you with turn by turn navigation. This also allows others in the group see and follow the route if we become separated.

Reactions: luvdgl

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm not very smart so I tend to keep things simple. I save the important towns along my route in my favorites and go from town to town as needed. You don't need to save that many, just the ones where you need to change roads or perhaps direction. Very simple, I think I spent less than 10 minutes planning my Sturgis trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts