Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been experimenting with route planning, and was impressed at first. But now that I've planned a route, and want to ride, I'm failing. No matter what I do, i get a popup on my phone that says

"Sync failed. Your bike is connected but the data was not pushed to the display".

Am I doing something wrong? I don't understand. Any input will be appreciated.

·
Rider
944 Posts
What bike what year? The ride command is different on different bikes

·
Rider
944 Posts
Have you synced your phone? Also, I believe you have connectivity like the challenger have you logged into your ride command account?

EDIT: Turn on automatic ride command uploads. Watch here

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you synced your phone? Also, I believe you have connectivity like the challenger have you logged into your ride command account?

EDIT: Turn on automatic ride command uploads. Watch here
I can't find a manual sync option, but the app does show a last sync date of today. And I am logged into my account, both in the mobile app and on the bike.

I'll watch the suggested video and see if that helps. Thanks!

·
Rider
944 Posts
on mine 2018 RM I open my app on my phone select the rides and put a checkmark next to the nones I want on my bike. Not sure if yours works the same for manual upload.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So I gather you must first plan the ride on a computer then transfer to your phone. I wish you could plan the ride from the phone. I have a 2020 Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
944 Posts
So I gather you must first plan the ride on a computer then transfer to your phone. I wish you could plan the ride from the phone. I have a 2020 Challenger.

In the video, they say you can plan it on the bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on mine 2018 RM I open my app on my phone select the rides and put a checkmark next to the nones I want on my bike. Not sure if yours works the same for manual upload.
That's how it worked, the one time it worked. But I haven't been able to get a successful transfer since.

·
Rider
944 Posts
That's how it worked, the one time it worked. But I haven't been able to get a successful transfer since.
And your phone is still synced with the bike and bluetooth is turned on? Not sure if it transfers BT that way or if it transfers through connectivity. If your phone is synced and it sounds as if it is and the BT is turned on then maybe someone else has an idea.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Simplest thing to do is: 1) plan your ride on your PC, 2) export it to a USB, 3) take the USB drive to your bike and plug it in, 4) open Ride Command/ Favorites, 5) import it. Hope there isn't any errors. It will likely work even if it shows errors.

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts

You have to use a computer to plan a ride...I tried on my iPad and it would not work....told me to use a computer.

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
I can't find a manual sync option, but the app does show a last sync date of today. And I am logged into my account, both in the mobile app and on the bike.

I'll watch the suggested video and see if that helps. Thanks!
On my iPhone, I get a bar that asks if I want to sync....when I tap the bar, the phone syncs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts