Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was hoping to get a few suggestions,2015 scout had bassani 2 into 1,EJK fuel controller bypassed O2 sensors and warbonnet air intake.Bike runs great but i seem to have problem when i start the bike when cold it runs rough for first minute or 2 then idles fine.Was wondering if anyone would have an idea why?Thanks in advance

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cold weather?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Could be learning the new changes to bike, or just normal warm up period. How did it run before the mods. When I mentioned cold, I meant weather wise is it unusually cold where you are? How long have you had the mods?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not do it before mods and only does it on start up once bike is warm if i shut it off and start it again say hour latter it idles fine.Have been dealing with this for a year but since the bike is just coming out for the season going to see if i can figure it out.I think this weekend going to pull the tanks off check air intake see if i can see anything wrong.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i bet its the EJK those things are not very good tunners. one order to fuelmoto for a pv3 to get a proper tune on the bike i bet would solve these issues. by using that and bypassing the o2 sensors you have deprived the bike of its ability to see fuel trims.

·
Bronze member
1,886 Posts
Yep, those bikes won't really run properly in an "open loop" configuration when cold.
As stated above, get the PV3 with the proper fuel trim for best overall results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.I have a feeling you guys are right.I think PV3 will be next on list!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just recently install the EJK on my bike and am not having this issue. I'd like to get a PV3 but here in Canada it would cost me $700 plus dollars, just not worth it as I am not made out of gold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you are having problem,Strange minute or 2 and she is idling great.Thinking its to much gas at cold start up.No big deal but would be nice to be able fix

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just recently install the EJK on my bike and am not having this issue. I'd like to get a PV3 but here in Canada it would cost me $700 plus dollars, just not worth it as I am not made out of gold.
Why so expensive in Canada?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good question but the exchange on the dollar isn't great plus I'm sure they add other cost. Here in BC we have to pay HST and PST on top of it. Sucks big time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts