Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for anyone who has installed the Roland Sand Design Track Slip Ons by Vance & Hines.

Which direction is the mounting bracket supposed to go? The directions are very basic and don't really show the orientation well. Do they angle in or should they be angled out?

I only ask because I seemed to get them installed, but upon starting the bike I notice exhaust coming from the head pipes at the cylinders and cant seem to get the header clamps any tighter than they are. It almost seems like the head pipes aren't seated quite right, maybe like they are at the wrong angle. It's late here now, so I cant mess with it any more tonight, but gonna dive back in tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
20190420_213220.jpg Did you by chance loosen your header flange bolts on the install? You might of over complicated your install. What I did was just loosely install the mounting bracket using the factory spacers, slide the bottom pipe on first, start the 2 small bolts through the mount to the slip on and rotate slightly to align the mount better, slide the top pipe on repeat the same process as the bottom. At this point everything is loose, if everything looks parallel and even start by tightening the mount bolts for the new bracket to the old exhaust hanger, then tighten the 4 small bolts that secure the slip ons to the bracket, dont be alarmed if things are not perfectly square with the new bracket. Mine were out by 1/4" back to front. By tightening each one a little at a time it will pull the slip ons in line with the bracket. Once that step is done its time to tighten the band clamps on the slip ons. Torque to 45 ft/lbs.

Hope this helps any....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 482768 Did you by chance loosen your header flange bolts on the install? You might of over complicated your install. What I did was just loosely install the mounting bracket using the factory spacers, slide the bottom pipe on first, start the 2 small bolts through the mount to the slip on and rotate slightly to align the mount better, slide the top pipe on repeat the same process as the bottom. At this point everything is loose, if everything looks parallel and even start by tightening the mount bolts for the new bracket to the old exhaust hanger, then tighten the 4 small bolts that secure the slip ons to the bracket, dont be alarmed if things are not perfectly square with the new bracket. Mine were out by 1/4" back to front. By tightening each one a little at a time it will pull the slip ons in line with the bracket. Once that step is done its time to tighten the band clamps on the slip ons. Torque to 45 ft/lbs.

Hope this helps any....
I did loosen the header flange bolts, not specifically for installation of the new exhaust, but I had to reinstall the factory exhaust bracket. Loosened everything back up this morning and tightened the header flange bolts first. Everything seems to be good now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The indentation on the bracket should be into the bike at least on my Indian Scout Bobber 2020.Here's a video on the Roland Sands Track Slip installation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts