Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a search and every topic is pretty old about this. Curious to hear thoughts from you guys that have had these cases and mounts for a while to see which one I want to go with. If you have one and can share your experience with it, I’d really appreciate it!

I’m most curious about wireless charging capability I guess. I don’t really want to take my phone out of the case every night. I’ve heard that the new Rokform cases have fixed the wireless charging issues too, but don’t know anybody that has one (or the quad lock for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,175 Posts
Who needs wireless when you have USBs on the bike anyway? Got Quad Lock on both my bikes, top quality and sturdy as hell. Anti vibration mounts are a must if you have IPhone as V-twin vibration can kill the cameras on later models 10+.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who needs wireless when you have USBs on the bike anyway? Got Quad Lock on both my bikes, top quality and sturdy as hell. Anti vibration mounts are a must if you have IPhone as V-twin vibration can kill the cameras on later models 10+.

View attachment 620980

View attachment 620981
Sorry, I wasn’t clear on that part. Not wireless on the bike. Wireless when I’m home for the night and the phone is on the nightstand. I don’t really want to pull the phone out of the case at night and I’m not sure the quad lock will do it with the raised socket. That’s really the crux of my question I guess.

·
Rider
1,175 Posts
The Quad Lock case would take but a second or two to remove IF required. I would consider the trade off against wireless charging for the quality and sturdiness of the Quad Lock mount and case ergonomics would be worth it. Why not simply revert to cord charging if required? Depends where your priority lies, mine is with the bike mount obviously?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've had quadlock for years and love them. no problems with wireless charging on a pad with their case. I purchased their wireless charging mount for the motorcycle and it works flawlessly. Case is slim, no more dangling cord, and very secure mount. No competition IMHO.

BTW, I had Rockform before and will never go back. I figured out why Rockform includes a lanyard and I was fortunate that I was using it at the time I hit a pothole and my phone came off the mount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had quadlock for years and love them. no problems with wireless charging on a pad with their case. I purchased their wireless charging mount for the motorcycle and it works flawlessly. Case is slim, no more dangling cord, and very secure mount. No competition IMHO.

BTW, I had Rockform before and will never go back. I figured out why Rockform includes a lanyard and I was fortunate that I was using it at the time I hit a pothole and my phone came off the mount.
Thanks! That’s the info I needed right there. I just want something better than the clear pocket tank bags that’s decent for every day use. Did that for a lot of years and they were always awful.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have had very good luck with the Rockform and the Indian/Rockform mount for both my Chieftain and Roadmaster

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check out Tackform

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,101 Posts
After doing a bunch of research, I think I'd go with a quadlock with the vibration dampener. Unfortunately, I'd have to end up getting a different phone to work with their cases. It's probably way past time for an upgrade anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also have a Quadlock phone case on IPhone 12. I have the RAM ball mount with a arm on my KST bars on my Challenger. Solid as a rock. I plug it in at night though, with a charging cable and that’s good enough for me!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I have had a good experience with Rokform. I have that set-up on 2 Harleys, a mountain bike, and a Chieftain DH. Have never seen the need to use the supplied lanyard on any of my bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts