Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a rogue seat for my 2018 Springfield DH. I really like the look of the new seat and also see lots of people saying it’s a lot more comfortable than the stock seat from 2018 for the rider. I also read it’ll put my feet a tad bit closer to the ground which is a plus because I’m only 5’7”. I can’t seem to find anyone mentioning the comfort for the passenger though. My wife rides with me quite a bit and I’m worried the Rouge seat doesn’t have as much padding for the passenger as the 2018 version. does Anybody have any feedback after switching to the new Rouge over the stock one from 2014+ bikes? Here’s a pic of my current setup(minus the backrest)

·
Rider
639 Posts
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a rogue seat for my 2018 Springfield DH. I really like the look of the new seat and also see lots of people saying it’s a lot more comfortable than the stock seat from 2018 for the rider. I also read it’ll put my feet a tad bit closer to the ground which is a plus because I’m only 5’7”. I can’t seem to find anyone mentioning the comfort for the passenger though. My wife rides with me quite a bit and I’m worried the Rouge seat doesn’t have as much padding for the passenger as the 2018 version. does Anybody have any feedback after switching to the new Rouge over the stock one from 2014+ bikes? Here’s a pic of my current setup(minus the backrest) View attachment 583309
I have the 19 Rogue seat on my 17 Chieftain ltd. I switched to Rogue extended reach seat I'm 6'2" tall and it could use another inch or two as far as I'm concerned still seems too short for me..I ride alone so no report on the comfort level on the rear, but I do not find the front section to be anymore comfortable than the stock seat.
I think your best bet would be to look into an Ultimate reduced reach seat. I'm sure you will get more opinions shortly, but spending $400 then not being happy with the Rogue seat is a bad plan.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I literally just got my 2019 Springfield DH last Monday. It came with the extended reach rogue seat on it. I’ll be taking the wife on a ride this Sunday. I’ll let you know what she says. My initial impression of the seat: looks great with the bike, but didn’t seem to really add any extra comfort for me (the rider). If she ends up not liking it I will be ordering another Corbin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My lady doesn't like it much beyond running around town. I actually didn't buy it for her. I bought if just so when I have the trunk off of the Roadmaster and use the bike for running around, it simply looks better and the backrest fits on easily so she doesn't feel like she is sliding off. That being said, I don't think your passenger would like it for long journeys. Ken

·
Rider
442 Posts
I'm glad I kept my stock set up on 2017 Chieftain! I bought the rogue seat because I think it's a better looking seat than the 2 piece design of the stock 17 Chieftain seat. I do change the look of the bike quite often by switching out to the solo set up of the stock seat and then putting the rogue seat on but I will say the only time I use the stock 2 piece seat is when the lady and I go on a long ride. If I'm rocking the rogue seat and we decide to go for a quick ride, she'll go with but if we go on a long ride, she'll demand the thicker passenger seat of the 2 piece design. She does not like the rogue seat at all. Says it hurts after about an hour or so and she's over it. The stock 2 piece seat she's gone for over 5 hours with minimal complaints

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some good feedback already.....keep it coming guys. I'd really hate to order it and have her not like the feel. The look of the Rogue isn't worth having an uncomfortable wife on the back

·
Rider
442 Posts
Some good feedback already.....keep it coming guys. I'd really hate to order it and have her not like the feel. The look of the Rogue isn't worth having an uncomfortable wife on the back
Well like I said... I switch my seats out to prepare for rides. It takes no more than 10 minutes to switch them out so if you like the rogue and you and your wife do alot of short rides with an an occasional long ride, get. I would highly recommend keeping your stock seat. If you 2 mostly do long distance riding than it might not be worth the extra coin as you might not ever use it

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
Just MHO but the stock seats never seem to ever be as comfortable as aftermarkets that are engineered for comfort.
Your money would be best spent on a Corbin or Ultimate for example then you both will be happy Riders.
I own a custom Corbin and had 1 adjustments ( no cost for adjustments) and the comfort is night and day difference for me. Yeah 950.00 is a lot of money but whats your comfort worth?
I bought a 28 grand bike and not going to ride it because its uncomfortable and makes me sore. I just wouldnt use it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So rode for about 5 hours today with the wife, we have decided to go ahead an purchase a Corbin seat. If your looking for long distance passenger comfort I would not recommend the Rogue seat.

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
I dont think the Rogue is comfortable for the rider extended seat time either.
We ran an extended Rogue a nice seat but after 1 1/2 hrs my ass hurt and was on fire at the same time.
The corbin tour which is what I run.
There are 2 types that are a lttle different
The one style has a wider seat area for passenger.
They have a nice adjustable backrest that is really solid that works with this. Then you have a smaller narrower passenger seat style that accepts a bolt on sissy. The wider model with their backrest is the best we feel with more seat for the passenger.
You can also use a rider backrest as there is provision for it on either style.
I absolutely love my corbin, have been running corbins a long time since late 70s when it was corbin gentry. But your comfort miles may vary.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in the same camp. I have the same bike 18' Springfield Dark Horse. Wife rides a lot with me. I get butt hurt after a short period of time, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Feels like I'm bent forward and downward. Not good on the boys ;^). I'm looking for a better seat, but dont want to buy several to find out which works.

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
I'm in the same camp. I have the same bike 18' Springfield Dark Horse. Wife rides a lot with me. I get butt hurt after a short period of time, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Feels like I'm bent forward and downward. Not good on the boys ;^). I'm looking for a better seat, but dont want to buy several to find out which works.
Everone is in the same Boat er um Bike.
But unfortunately what we find comfortable you might not.
Corbin has free alterations as far as I still know.
Ultimate I alao believe has a trial period return which is better.
A lot of folks like Ultimate seat but to risk getting flamed I do not. I personally dont even like the shape or looks of it but thats just me.
I also believe with the Ultimate Tall Boy you are raised a bit and it might agrivate what you already got going on with Ahem!
Everyones taste is different and so it goes.
Simply when you buy a seat you are taking a chance for sure but a return policy if you dont likey is better than none at all.
Years ago on my Vic Hammer there is a guy Cycleops which took my stock seat and reshaped it dishing it out like a glove pocket and puttinng this amazing marine quality Vinyl and stitching. His seat cover guy does high end boat seats. The seat was so comfortable and the workmanship was 1st class.
I dont believe he does Indian seats but to me a seat is a seat.
You might look him up and give him a call.
Maybe he can do something for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I personally prefer and would recommend a Corbin Tour seat, I've used them for several years and never been disappointed. They are designed a little firmer but they do that on purpose, they are custom made to your body and more supportive. But like @Mr.Xtreme said above unfortunately what we find comfortable you might not.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the Rogue on my Challenger. Too soft so not good for long rides. Ultimate would be my choice but nothing available yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everone is in the same Boat er um Bike.
But unfortunately what we find comfortable you might not.
Corbin has free alterations as far as I still know.
Ultimate I alao believe has a trial period return which is better.
A lot of folks like Ultimate seat but to risk getting flamed I do not. I personally dont even like the shape or looks of it but thats just me.
I also believe with the Ultimate Tall Boy you are raised a bit and it might agrivate what you already got going on with Ahem!
Everyones taste is different and so it goes.
Simply when you buy a seat you are taking a chance for sure but a return policy if you dont likey is better than none at all.
Years ago on my Vic Hammer there is a guy Cycleops which took my stock seat and reshaped it dishing it out like a glove pocket and puttinng this amazing marine quality Vinyl and stitching. His seat cover guy does high end boat seats. The seat was so comfortable and the workmanship was 1st class.
I dont believe he does Indian seats but to me a seat is a seat.
You might look him up and give him a call.
Maybe he can do something for you.
Glad that hammer seat worked out for you. And we absolutely do do Indian seats. As a matter of fact a review was just posted of the Badlands seat we just did for your member Anthregi405. We did a rider seat comfort dish treatment as well as moved him back 3/4 of an inch before making the new custom cover.
If anyone's intrested I can be reached 7 days a week until 10:00 p.m. at 305-345-9444

Www.CycleOpsUSA.com/seats

Attachments

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
I can honestly vouch for the workmanship here with this man. I loved my Vic Hammer seat and the quality of materials and workmanship were tops.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Instead of buying a Rogue seat for my Springfield DH I decided to trade it for a Chieftain DH which just happened to come standard with the Rogue 😂 So far we like it but we haven’t been on it for more than an hour straight yet. I can definitely say if comfort becomes an issue that Cycleops seat looks like a great option. Definitely the best looking aftermarket one I’ve seen yet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts