Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Indian Rogue seat for my 2019 Roadmaster (compatible per Indian website)....but I don't know how to hook up the wiring. Does anyone have experience here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought an Indian Rogue seat for my 2019 Roadmaster (compatible per Indian website)....but I don't know how to hook up the wiring. Does anyone have experience here?
Indian sells a wiring harness for adding a trunk to several of the models that don't originally come with a trunk and don't have the wiring already in the seat like the Roadmaster. I've never taken a close look at how the cable is attached to the Roadmaster seat but you may be able to remove it and use it with the Rogue seat. If not then you'll probably need to puchase the accessory cable. In any event, take a look at the accessory cable on the Indian site as they have installation instructions on how to route the cable listed down in the details for the cable.

Trunk Wiring Harness | Indian Motorcycle

·
German Rider
1,729 Posts
Just a guess, but I would assume, that you either need to buy the mentioned harness or to remove the harness from the original seat.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rogue isn't heated ....nothing to plug in ....i have a 2020 Chieftain Elite and its not heated from the factory so no plugs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just a guess, but I would assume, that you either need to buy the mentioned harness or to remove the harness from the original seat.

Cu,
Sven
Agree with Sven. I just swapped out my RM extended with Rogue extended. Remove the cord from RM seat, disconnect the heated cord, plug cord back to trunk and attach seat to bike. Works great!

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is the plug to heated switch. Removed my zip tie

This pic shows the wire with the white label is what you would remove from RM seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts