Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning on keeping this thing for a while, if it ever shows up, so I've started getting some ideas (and parts) together. Won't do everything, and certainly not at once, but like everyone else, I have a list... Will update as I go!

In semi-sorta priority order:

EXHAUST
Will never have passenger pegs. Honestly, the one I like the most is the official Indian 2-1, but that's not really offered anymore. Maybe find a used one. Heresy I know, but the quieter the better, which eliminates most of the aftermarket options.
Freedom Performance Exhaust Combat 2-into-1 Shorty Exhaust For Indian Scout 2015-2022 | 10% ($99.99) Off! - RevZilla
Two Brothers Comp-S 2-Into-1 Exhaust For Indian Scout 2015-2022 | 15% ($135.00) Off! - RevZilla
https://rpwusa.net/product/indian-scout-jack-in-901/
https://rpwusa.net/product/victory-octane-accelerant-3-oct-025mb-bhs/
https://rpwusa.net/product/indian-scout-rpw-usa-ricochet/
Bassani road rage short with baffle

HEADLIGHT
LED something, maybe adaptive

SADDLEBAGS
Throwover? I know, I know, a bobber with bags. :D Something for either a week camping or a grocery trip would be great. Won't be driving across the country on this thing.

BARS
Reduced reach were nice, but I'll try the apes for a while.

KEYLESS IGNITION
Indian Scout Bobber Ignition System

BLACK BOLTS/COVERS
2015-2018 Indian Scout Accessories, Motorcycle Engine Blackout Accessory 41pc
INDIAN PARTS
Indian Archives - Route 66 Mods

LEVERS
Anthem Shorty adjustable levers for Indian motorcycles - LEVERS FOR INDIAN - V-TWINS

HEATED GRIPS

HIGHWAY BARS
Scout Crash Highway Bars & Rear Slider Combo Kit

GAS CAP
Probably get a plain one and have it engraved.

LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
Motorcycle Curved Vertical Side Mount License Plate Tag Holder Bracket FITS All Sport Bikes and Cruisers. Harley, Kawasaki

MIRRORS
Bikermart: Indian Scout Bobber Wunderkind Bar End Mirror Pair, INDIAN SCOUT BOBBER

CLUTCH/SHIFTER ROD

CLUTCH COVER

TANK STICKER
Gotta find somebody with a 3D printer.

KICKSTAND

WHEELS
https://arlenness.com/products/drift-forged-wheels-for-indian®-black
https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/indian/2019/model/vehicle-cards/scout-abs-thunder-black.jpg - I actually like the normal Scout wheels more. Need that in a 19".

HAVE/DONE

Shocks - Legend REVO-A

Performance Air Intake - OEM #2882519

Smoked LED Turn Signals - OEM #2889346

Floorboards - Joker machine mini floorboards

Valve Stem Caps

Black Reflective Tape

Cover - Bike Shield Standard

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
210 Posts
I'm planning on keeping this thing for a while, if it ever shows up, so I've started getting some ideas (and parts) together. Won't do everything, and certainly not at once, but like everyone else, I have a list... Will update as I go!

In semi-sorta priority order:

COVER
Have this one now, but I don't trust it much. https://amzn.to/3OxgR9z
I'll be parking outside, mostly, so NYC wind/rain/whatnot. A heavier cover that doesn't drip inside would be nice. Couple of people like this - https://amzn.to/3zzVNel

EXHAUST
Will never have passenger pegs. Honestly, the one I like the most is the official Indian 2-1, but that's not really offered anymore. Maybe find a used one. Heresy I know, but the quieter the better, which eliminates most of the aftermarket options.
Freedom Performance Exhaust Combat 2-into-1 Shorty Exhaust For Indian Scout 2015-2022 | 10% ($99.99) Off! - RevZilla
Two Brothers Comp-S 2-Into-1 Exhaust For Indian Scout 2015-2022 | 15% ($135.00) Off! - RevZilla
https://rpwusa.net/product/indian-scout-jack-in-901/
https://rpwusa.net/product/victory-octane-accelerant-3-oct-025mb-bhs/
https://rpwusa.net/product/indian-scout-rpw-usa-ricochet/
Bassani road rage short with baffle

HEADLIGHT
LED something, maybe adaptive

SADDLEBAGS
Throwover? I know, I know, a bobber with bags. :D Something for either a week camping or a grocery trip would be great. Won't be driving across the country on this thing.

BARS
Reduced reach were nice, but I'll try the apes for a while.

KEYLESS IGNITION
Indian Scout Bobber Ignition System

BLACK BOLTS/COVERS
2015-2018 Indian Scout Accessories, Motorcycle Engine Blackout Accessory 41pc
INDIAN PARTS
Indian Archives - Route 66 Mods

FEET
Indian Motorcycle Accessories Foot Pegs Black Spike End Flame
Joker machine mini floorboards

LEVERS
Anthem Shorty adjustable levers for Indian motorcycles - LEVERS FOR INDIAN - V-TWINS

HEATED GRIPS

BLACK REFLECTIVE TAPE
Streetglo - Invisible high intensity white reflective black tape strips kit for black motorcycle frames, bicycles or other vehicles.

HIGHWAY BARS
Scout Crash Highway Bars & Rear Slider Combo Kit

GAS CAP
Probably get a plain one and have it engraved.

LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
Motorcycle Curved Vertical Side Mount License Plate Tag Holder Bracket FITS All Sport Bikes and Cruisers. Harley, Kawasaki

MIRRORS
Bikermart: Indian Scout Bobber Wunderkind Bar End Mirror Pair, INDIAN SCOUT BOBBER

CLUTCH/SHIFTER ROD

CLUTCH COVER

TANK STICKER
Gotta find somebody with a 3D printer.

KICKSTAND

WHEELS
https://arlenness.com/products/drift-forged-wheels-for-indian®-black
https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/indian/2019/model/vehicle-cards/scout-abs-thunder-black.jpg - I actually like the normal Scout wheels more. Need that in a 19".

HAVE/DONE

SHOCKS
Legend REVO-A

VALVE STEM CAPS

I have the Dean Speed crash bars. They are nice.

Crankset Tire Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Photograph Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, I added them after seeing yours. :) My only concern would be how they slide at 65 mph and not just shear off, but hopefully we never find out!
Yeah.
I will say they are built very strong, they feel very heavy and well made. You could ask Dean Speed if they do tests with them.

I like that they look stock and are minimal. I don’t like the huge half circle ones that go out super far. They come in matte and glossy. I got glossy since my paint is metallic gloss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have several of the upgrades on my rogue. I installed the joker machine bar end mirrors and loved the look of them down but absolutely useless, I couldn’t see a damn thing. Matched those with the black joker matching clutch and brake lever, along with the mini serrated floor boards that I actually just put on tonight and went for a little spin and I love the way they feel. I have a single saddle bag from Viking bags that hold enough stuff for quick trips and some tools. I feel the smaller bag only on one side kind of compliment the bobber look seems more like club style. Installed the Indian LED Pathfinder light. Much better than the stock halogen can’t believe they still sell bikes with that crap so unsafe. I removed the badging and tried several different tank decals but just decided I liked the clean look of no badging. Also added the highway bars and they have already saved my mirrors from getting clobbered by some silly tip overs while working on the bike in the garage. It’s honestly embarrassing how many times I’ve dropped the damn thing by just not paying attention to the kickstand being fully extended before leaning the bike over. I’d say that should be your first mod lol save yourself the pain. And then finally I added the cadence Motorsport license late bracket because I preferred the look of the plate being on the rear than having off the side of the bike
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah.
I will say they are built very strong, they feel very heavy and well made. You could ask Dean Speed if they do tests with them.

I like that they look stock and are minimal. I don’t like the huge half circle ones that go out super far. They come in matte and glossy. I got glossy since my paint is metallic gloss.
My other mods are getting installed on the 1st

• Freedom Performance Radical Radius pipes
  • LED Pathfinder headlight
Yeah, I added them after seeing yours. :) My only concern would be how they slide at 65 mph and not just shear off, but hopefully we never find out!
I have the rest of the bigger install items scheduled on the 1st:

- Freedom Performance Radical Radius pipes
-Cadence Motorsports license plate bracket with Custom Dynamics LED frame
  • Indian Pathfinder Headlight
  • Indian Tachometer
  • Avon air cushioned grips with heat
  • Progressive 444 shocks
  • Indian front and back smoke turn signals

some of the small stuff I put on:

• Mustang diamond stretched black seat
  • quad lock
  • sound bomb horn,
  • Ends Cuoio Cherokee two tone leather bags
  • Ends Cuoio tank protector and small
Bag two tone leather
  • Aftermarket Indian brake covers
  • Dean Speed crash bar
  • Dean speed sissy bar
  • bike alarm
  • opt 7 aura LED lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
FYI on the Sunpie license bracket. Great bracket, very sturdy compared to others I researched. With that sturdiness comes a challenge. Because of the thickness, it will need some customizing if you plan on mounting it to the axel as shown in the picture. Not enough room. I saw an install of it on Youtube where the guy cut the nut down. I happened to use the last hole on the exhaust mount with it being free from having Radiant Shorty slip-ons. Looks great for my taste and gives the exhaust bracket some purpose. I don't have any pics handy but, let me know if you want a look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good stuff all, thanks! Pretty wild how you can change out literally anything.

Mustang diamond stretched black seat
You hated the stock seat, right? How did you decide on that one? I only have about 20 minutes' experience on it, but it felt fine to me. We'll see after 200 miles.

FYI on the Sunpie license bracket. Great bracket, very sturdy compared to others I researched. With that sturdiness comes a challenge. Because of the thickness, it will need some customizing if you plan on mounting it to the axel as shown in the picture. Not enough room. I saw an install of it on Youtube where the guy cut the nut down.
I think that's probably the same vid I was looking at. So many sources for cool stuff, and I just note the item...

A few of these I might wait on until I actually have a bike to poke at and measure. Picked up the Bike Shield thingy today, so now I have to build it whee. Also got some smexy goggles for riding around town! Just need a scarf... :D

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue BSM
11 Posts
And then finally I added the cadence Motorsport license late bracket because I preferred the look of the plate being on the rear than having off the side of the bike
How is the build quality of that plate mount and how bright are the LED's compared to the stock plate light? Looking at picking that one up for my Rogue as well as I like the look. Bike looks great by the way.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Good stuff all, thanks! Pretty wild how you can change out literally anything.

You hated the stock seat, right? How did you decide on that one? I only have about 20 minutes' experience on it, but it felt fine to me. We'll see after 200 miles.

I think that's probably the same vid I was looking at. So many sources for cool stuff, and I just note the item...

A few of these I might wait on until I actually have a bike to poke at and measure. Picked up the Bike Shield thingy today, so now I have to build it whee. Also got some smexy goggles for riding around town! Just need a scarf... :D

Yes I did not like the stock Syndicate seat. There wasn’t enough cushion and too low to reach the bars for me. I tried Mustang first because I have a road sofa Mustang one on my old bike 1999 Suzuki Marauder VZ800 and it is very comfortable - but it is way wider. I am on a road trip across 3 states and there is too much adjusting and pressure points/hotspots on the Mustang. I got a Saddleman Renegade. If that doesn’t work out up will probably get a Corbin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How is the build quality of that plate mount and how bright are the LED's compared to the stock plate light? Looking at picking that one up for my Rogue as well as I like the look. Bike looks great by the way.
I have the cadence motorsports bracket and it is very sturdy metal - currently road tripping with the Rogue… caught in the rain…

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Barman31

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue BSM
11 Posts
Amazon:

Thank you for answers on both the reflectors and the plate mount. Do the gray match the Indian smoked LED turn signals better ? Been eyeing the clear ones as I cannot tell on the pictures. Plan on having the dealer put on the pathfinder LED headlight and the smoked LED turn signals as part of the free $500 in parts/accessories for current/former military and wanted to match those. Just going to order both gray and clear as they are cheap and use on something else or give to a buddy. I am sold on the look of that rear plate mount too and wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger. Be safe out there on your trip. Looking forward to when I can do the same soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you for answers on both the reflectors and the plate mount. Do the gray match the Indian smoked LED turn signals better ? Been eyeing the clear ones as I cannot tell on the pictures. Plan on having the dealer put on the pathfinder LED headlight and the smoked LED turn signals as part of the free $500 in parts/accessories for current/former military and wanted to match those. Just going to order both gray and clear as they are cheap and use on something else or give to a buddy. I am sold on the look of that rear plate mount too and wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger. Be safe out there on your trip. Looking forward to when I can do the same soon.
They almost match but not exactly. The smoked out Indian turn signals are a little whiter and the reflectors are a little grayer. But I like the turn signals darker so they don’t pop out from the forks as much - I assume clear is brighter. Pathfinder LED was great at night last night. Now I have all these smashed bugs all over the front haha.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank White Automotive lighting

Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle Crankset

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

• Helpful

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bracket is a very high quality thick steel but unfortunately it doesn’t come with an a LED light. They recommend the Custom Dynamics Radius License Plate Frame with LED for this bracket. It is incredibly bright. Adds another source of light at night. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The bracket is a very high quality thick steel but unfortunately it doesn’t come with an a LED light. They recommend the Custom Dynamics Radius License Plate Frame with LED for this bracket. It is incredibly bright. Adds another source of light at night. Highly recommend.
I second the LED frame by Custom Dynamics. I actually got it with my bracket when I ordered directly from Cadence Motorsports.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Finally got my Avon air cushioned grips and Memphis Shades hand guards on the Rogue…

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 25 Posts