Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with a local vinyl graphics shop to make some protective film to install at 7 locations on the Chieftain.
Going to get test pieces installed tomorrow and will post pics.
If I can get at least 5 more guys on board the cost would be near $55.00 inc. shipping per set. These are all cut on a plotter so they are all very exact with no variations. I know you can buy this material on the internet but the difference all these will be cut to fit, no guesswork and will look professional.
The material is applied by spraying the surface with a soap and water solution so you can adjust them to the exact location, once they dry they are more or less permanent. Any interested let me know.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm working with a local vinyl graphics shop to make some protective film to install at 7 locations on the Chieftain.
If I can get at least 5 more guys on board the cost would be near $55.00 inc. shipping per set. These are all cut on a plotter so they are all very exact with no variations. I know you can buy this material on the internet but the difference all these will be cut to fit, no guesswork and will look professional.
The material is applied by spraying the surface with a soap and water solution so you can adjust them to the exact location, once they dry they are more or less permanent. Any interested let me know.
I would like to see them also before I would commit.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally was able to ride the bike to the shop and have test fit pieces installed. They are making some adjustments and hopefully will have it nailed down by Friday for the final cost. I am very anal about stuff like this so am making sure it functions as well as it looks.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,075 Posts
I would like to see them also. need something for the shoe boxes, 600mi. and two chips already.

·
Registered
380 Posts
600 miles on my Classic and I just noticed the 1st rock chip in the front fender. I imagine it is the 1st of many to come. I'll let Da Chief wear it as a badge of honor!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm interested, but won't commit without seeing them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm a car dealer. The 3M Clear Bra kit for most cars is about $2,000 so $245 for a $22,000 investment isn't that bad. I will be hooking on this immediately.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Before I purchased my Roadmaster I had a Goldwing trike. At the time I had a local guy who's company name is Clear Advantage put 3M plastic coating on all parts of the bike that could receive damage from rocks, bugs or boots. I had the trike for 4 years without one scratch, ding, or bug splat. No it was not cheap, $500, but was the most professional job I have ever seen. He spent 8 hours in my garage getting each piece on perfectly. Now I have an Indian and with all the issues with soft paint I am having him do my bike. So far I have just received a quote but should be under $500. All areas in the front will be covered with I believe a 3M product that is self healing, to a point. Gas tank sides, front fairing, etc. If you look at all the curves and contours it will not be any easy task but after seeing his work I trust him. He has worked on very high end cars. When I was in his shop yesterday to get a quote he was doing a new corvette, the entire car. With all the options on this car it was over a $100,000 car.
If you are in the St. Louis area look him up, he is the best there is and a very nice guy to deal with. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Before I purchased my Roadmaster I had a Goldwing trike. At the time I had a local guy who's company name is Clear Advantage put 3M plastic coating on all parts of the bike that could receive damage from rocks, bugs or boots. I had the trike for 4 years without one scratch, ding, or bug splat. No it was not cheap, $500, but was the most professional job I have ever seen. He spent 8 hours in my garage getting each piece on perfectly. Now I have an Indian and with all the issues with soft paint I am having him do my bike. So far I have just received a quote but should be under $500. All areas in the front will be covered with I believe a 3M product that is self healing, to a point. Gas tank sides, front fairing, etc. If you look at all the curves and contours it will not be any easy task but after seeing his work I trust him. He has worked on very high end cars. When I was in his shop yesterday to get a quote he was doing a new corvette, the entire car. With all the options on this car it was over a $100,000 car.
If you are in the St. Louis area look him up, he is the best there is and a very nice guy to deal with. You won't be disappointed.
So where is this guy. I'm in STL.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts