Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2020 roadmaster, is there a way to lower the driver's floorboards and also space them out about an inch?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just put some kuryakin (sp?) mini boards out on the engine guards. Seemed like the easiest solution.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Kinda. Let me get you a pic.

·
Registered
950 Posts
They’re more like mini boards. You can move them all over those crash bars. I’m 6’2” and it’s great to stretch out.

Reactions: Lord Bard Prime

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just recently bought a 2020 roadmaster, is there a way to lower the driver's floorboards and also space them out about an inch?

You could contact Pingle and see if they make them for a 2020

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
There is a lowering kit for the Chieftan but couldn't find one for the Roadmaster.
Whatever fits the Chieftain will fit the Roadmaster...they are essentially the same bike.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
408 Posts
I actually wanted to raise mine for cornering. There's no way to adjust it that I'm aware of. It can move upward at an angle, though. I think that's for if it goes down so it doesn't break them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You could maybe put some spacers on there to get a little more distance. My first feeling was the boards weren't wide enough. I guess I'm a little more used to it now, but I was thinking about trying some spacers to get another half inch or something maybe with possibly some longer bolts. But I like the mini boards those are pretty neat! Maybe that's what I need too!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Whatever fits the Chieftain will fit the Roadmaster...they are essentially the same bike.
Not accurate-- depends on the year... Chieftain Dark is lowered one inch (with Fox lowering shock) RM is not. Also-- some years do and don't have ride modes etc, ie. sport, normal and eco...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I found some 3/4" spacers and longer bolts to move the boards out a little on our 2015 RM. I'm not sure where I got the spacers, but I think it was Menards (like Lowe's, but mostly only in Midwest). Sorry, no pics.

Reactions: CraigB1960

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Not accurate-- depends on the year... Chieftain Dark is lowered one inch (with Fox lowering shock) RM is not. Also-- some years do and don't have ride modes etc, ie. sport, normal and eco...
Yes, but you can usually swap parts between the models in the same year, as the frame is the same.

·
Bronze member
1,958 Posts
One would think so, but it’s not the case. I went through several exchanges with Aeromach before they gave up and took the Roadmaster off their fitment list.

·
Silver member
4,635 Posts
I found some 3/4" spacers and longer bolts to move the boards out a little on our 2015 RM. I'm not sure where I got the spacers, but I think it was Menards (like Lowe's, but mostly only in Midwest). Sorry, no pics.
I did the same.

McMaster-Carr has spacers that work well. Something like this, you need 4:

94669A363
This is a 20mm long spacer for 10mm bolt.

McMaster-Carr has the bolts here, you need 4:

91290A218
10mm x 1.5 x 50

I got my longer Allen bolt at Ace Hardware.....10mm x 1.5 x 50 works. I don't think they have this size of spacer though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts