Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride and unfortunately couldn't keep up with my buddies 2010 CVO Street Glide off the line.
I do dig the new midrise bars though.
I removed the trunk as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think I might like those bars as well. have you got a link for those ?
Thanks

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,825 Posts
If you are really complaining about falling behind you might try winding that puppy out and stop short shifting.:rolleyes:

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
I installed the FP true duals on a 15 Chief Classic. They robbed me of bottom end and midrange power. I got the best numbers with factory headers and V&H slipons. Are you running a fuel controller such as PCV or Dobeck? If not those might get you back some of that power...especially if your prone to short shifting and not wringing it out. As far as your buddy, when you backed off the throttle I could hear him still on it. Also by virtue of being in the lead he was getting on it sooner.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the FP true duals on a 15 Chief Classic. They robbed me of bottom end and midrange power. I got the best numbers with factory headers and V&H slipons. Are you running a fuel controller such as PCV or Dobeck? If not those might get you back some of that power...especially if your prone to short shifting and not wringing it out. As far as your buddy, when you backed off the throttle I could hear him still on it. Also by virtue of being in the lead he was getting on it sooner.
I'm not too sure I was "Short Shifting", but other points taken.
I do have a PC5 and a performance tune.. it's still quick, but the pipes/header combo is robbin' me a bit. Meh.. It was just interesting to see, mor than anything else.

·
Registered
971 Posts
There is no sense in trying to kill yourself on a fast turn by trying to keep up with a in the lead HD rider.
Age and wisdom go hand in hand, but sometimes age goes on alone o_O
I prefer to keep on living so I can ride in my old age

I wonder in a straight up flat run off the line run, how they would go head to head.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Odd, i've outrun a CVO ultra limited by 6 bike lengths and 125 mphs....I'm running, FE full system, Indian breather and stage 2 cams.
Huh..
To his credit.. His bike is QUICK. He has a good exhaust system and tune.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is no sense in trying to kill yourself on a fast turn by trying to keep up with a in the lead HD rider.
Age and wisdom go hand in hand, but sometimes age goes on alone o_O
I prefer to keep on living so I can ride in my old age

I wonder in a straight up flat run off the line run, how they would go head to head.
Next time we ride.. we'll do a head to head, and I'll post it :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you have to order those through the dealer?
Not too sure if I "Had to" but I did.
btw.. they DID have to extend a few cables.. unlike the same bars on the Chieftan.. The Roadmaster uses different (Shorter) cables.. Weird!
these bars sit 1" taller than the "DirtyBird" bars.. and about 100+ dollars cheaper. just sayin'.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Not too sure if I "Had to" but I did.
btw.. they DID have to extend a few cables.. unlike the same bars on the Chieftan.. The Roadmaster uses different (Shorter) cables.. Weird!
these bars sit 1" taller than the "DirtyBird" bars.. and about 100+ dollars cheaper. just sayin'.
Thanks. Still debating about the bars. They look great.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,895 Posts
Huh..
To his credit.. His bike is QUICK. He has a good exhaust system and tune.
I don't think folks give the HD's enough credit. Out the gate, they perform similar to a stock TS111 . But a CVO is a 110 with some factory goodies ( stage this, stage that). Now, many guys upgrade it further as you've stated , so .. it's not apples and oranges just because you threw in the Stage 2 cams.

And .. as some people have hinted ... its also the rider. A buddy of mine used to outrun me .. he had more experience... Took a few years of playing, to feel comfortable rev'ing the motor out , shifting at the right time, etc, etc... ... now, the table is turned

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think folks give the HD's enough credit. Out the gate, they perform similar to a stock TS111 . But a CVO is a 110 with some factory goodies ( stage this, stage that). Now, many guys upgrade it further as you've stated , so .. it's not apples and oranges just because you threw in the Stage 2 cams.

And .. as some people have hinted ... its also the rider. A buddy of mine used to outrun me .. he had more experience... Took a few years of playing, to feel comfortable rev'ing the motor our , shifting at the right time, etc, etc... ... now, the table is turned
Man..I hope the latter of part isn't true for me.. I taught that dude how to ride. Hah.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts