Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Roadmaster section yesterday, but I'm not sure how many Roadmaster Dark Horse owners are on this forum.

This will apply to Cheiftain Limited 2019+ regarding lid clearance of saddlebags with the classic Roadmaster seat.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Just drove my new RM dark horse white from the dealer this evening. I had them take the standard seat off my 2019 Roadmaster.

I did notice that the side flaps of the seat are so close to the saddlebag lids that they brush every time you open the saddlebag? Anyone else notice this? Is there a remedy for it.

The standard RM black seat has always been very comfortable and I like the look on the RM Dark horse, not to mention the heated aspect of it versus the Rogue seat.

1 other observation: using this particular seat to replace the stock "rogue" seat seems to move me a little bit more forward and close to the tank. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did the same thing. I had them put the touring seat on mine too. I noticed the same thing as you. I don’t know why they said this seat fits this bike. They couldn’t make a seat modified to fix this problem?
Just like the air management. I had a victory cross country tour. The air management on that bike was tenfold better than this bike and cost way less. Very disappointed with Polaris. A bike that cost this much should of had all these issues figured out before they put this. Ike in production.
Dont get me wrong. I like the bike a lot but they dropped the ball on air management and the seat issue. Why would you put an 8 inch wide passenger area on a bike that has a trunk and called a Roadmaster?

·
Registered
2019 Chieftain Limited
71 Posts
I WILL BE CHANGING OUT MY SEAT ON MY 19 CHIEFTAIN LIMITED I FOUND THAT THE REAR SEAT WAS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR MY WIFE I WILL BE BUYING A ULTIMATE SEAT TO MAKE HER HAPPY ITS A WIDER PASSENGER SEAT THE RM MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M ON TOP OF THE BIKE.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Let me know how you like the ultimate seat. I’m curious to see how it fits with the bags. I’m not real happy with the Roadmaster touring seat. I was looking at the Mustang, Corbin, or Ultimate. I have had three Corbin seats and found them comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts