Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
It will depending on the year of the seat. The original roadmaster seats didn’t work with backrest(well some people made them work but wasn’t and easy fit) but Indian changed the seat pan just a tad around 2017ish I think, and any roadmaster seat from then on fits just fine with backrest. I’ve got one myself, seats date if manufacture is 2018 and you can see underneath the seat they molded the seat pan edges a bit so the backrest fits on the sides of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It will depending on the year of the seat. The original roadmaster seats didn’t work with backrest(well some people made them work but wasn’t and easy fit) but Indian changed the seat pan just a tad around 2017ish I think, and any roadmaster seat from then on fits just fine with backrest. I’ve got one myself, seats date if manufacture is 2018 and you can see underneath the seat they molded the seat pan edges a bit so the backrest fits on the sides of it.
Good to know! The one I have is wide enough it may possibly be made to fit in the backrest buti don't want to try and force it myself

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,293 Posts
If you have a roadmaster seat made before 2017 you will have to install the seat then slide the backrest in at the same time. After 2017 the seat will work fine, I have had both seats on my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts