Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times when riding in a group at night, I have been told that one of my riding lights is not aimed correctly. I have brought it to my dealers attention but they say there is no adjustment. My feeling is that even if there are not any adjustment screws, there has to be a way to fix this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

·
Silver member
4,644 Posts
There are no adjustments. I guess you would have to shim the light to correct the aiming, but mine are dead nuts on. I would pull it 25 feet from a wall and look at the aiming of both your fog lamps and the headlamp to see if it really is out of alignment. If so, the dealer needs to review to mounts to see if they are damaged or something under the mounts keeping one or both out of alignment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are adjustment to the fog lamps..have to take off the outer fairing to access the lights mounting. They sit in a rotating bezel that can be spun to aim them..have to loosen 3? screws to rotate where you want. nothing in the service manual, but when I installed my JW Speakers I aimed the them correctly as they were not aimed right from the factory.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
There are adjustment to the fog lamps..have to take off the outer fairing to access the lights mounting. They sit in a rotating bezel that can be spun to aim them..have to loosen 3? screws to rotate where you want. nothing in the service manual, but when I installed my JW Speakers I aimed the them correctly as they were not aimed right from the factory.
I might look into this during this coming winter. Since I have the lowering links, my driving lights are aimed a little higher than my headlight. I occasionally get flashed by oncoming drivers at night.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It could be that the bracket holding the passing lamp is loose and not properly holding the light against the fairing. The only thing I can recommend is taking the fairing off and ensuring everything is snug. As KW mentioned. I think there is a bezel you can rotate.

·
Rider
796 Posts
I can tell my inner fairing isn’t quite square with the frame, you have to look real close to see it though. And after 40k+ miles it hasn’t been an issue for me. The running lights seem in the ball park and I ride at night quite a bit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts