Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
No..they will not fit. Completely different design on the engine guards. I had a RM and just traded for a Challenger...I doubt you could even jury-rig something that would work.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
I can imagine that somebody out there is already on this and going about getting it to work.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
YOU HAVE TO CHANGE OUT THE CRASH BAR TO MAKE IT WORK..BUT YOU CAN DO IT..
So are you saying that the Indian RM front engine guards will fit on the Challenger model?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
Maybe and maybe not but I bet somebody will modify a set if they don't just to make them work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dirty bird is making an engine guard and 8 in lowers. They will be available soon . It looks like he is making an engine guard that will work with his current lowers.
The RM engine guard will not fit the Challenger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would not recommend, I put RM Oem lowers 2018 on my blue challenger, looked great only had to put hole in outer shell and inner glove box area for crash bar and trim off all the inner fairing black trim with the vent to make fit and look right. In cool climates might work fine but in Oklahoma, as soon as started warming up, the heat off radiator fan was too hot on right leg, bike temp was fine. Loved glove boxes, if want to do I would go with newer model that has vent in painted part to help with the heat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Would not recommend, I put RM Oem lowers 2018 on my blue challenger, looked great only had to put hole in outer shell and inner glove box area for crash bar and trim off all the inner fairing black trim with the vent to make fit and look right. In cool climates might work fine but in Oklahoma, as soon as started warming up, the heat off radiator fan was too hot on right leg, bike temp was fine. Loved glove boxes, if want to do I would go with newer model that has vent in painted part to help with the heat.
This sounds cool. Would have loved to see a photo of what you did there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts