Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18 Roadmaster, I've had an intermittent problem. It seems like on the past few days when the temp is 95-98 degrees the horn would sound constantly, all my dash lights would come on, and my screen would rotate through the various modes. When I'm riding at night I wouldn't have the problem. Any suggestions would be great. And no only riding at night isn't an option.

·
Registered
440 Posts
First step, check battery connections and main ground cable to frame, second check fuse blocks and relays, just pull and reseat them. Both have been known to come loose on these bikes causing all manner of gremlins, no logical reason though why it would not happen at night?

Also worth checking if its throwing any fault codes that may give you a clue.

You should repost this in the Roadmaster specific area of the forum and it will get more hits.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
426 Posts
When my FOB battery was dying, the battery light would stay on. New battery solved that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I found the problem, and I'm working on solving it. My left hand controls kept getting water in it and causing havoc on my bike. Now to waterproof it...

·
Belgian rider
545 Posts
I have an 18 Roadmaster, I've had an intermittent problem. It seems like on the past few days when the temp is 95-98 degrees the horn would sound constantly, all my dash lights would come on, and my screen would rotate through the various modes. When I'm riding at night I wouldn't have the problem. Any suggestions would be great. And no only riding at night isn't an option.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts