Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I have a 2018 Roadmaster and seem to be constantly cleaning it after a long ride out. Its a real pain having to remove the side panels etc when i want to remove the bags. I like to make sure there is no water around that will start the rusting process
Is there any aftermarket kit that will allow me to have a connector behind the bag so thats all i have to disconnect
Hope that makes sense

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for your reply. My bags come off easily as you say but its taking the side panels off to get to the connectors. I ride with a Captain Itch leather heatshield and it comes down over the side panels making it more difficult to remove and replace the side panels. So what i would like to do is put another electrical connector behind the bag so that as i take the bag off i can disconnect it removing the need to touch the side panels. I hope that makes sense

·
Registered
177 Posts
I understand what you’re suggesting… I would be hesitant to extend the connection outside the protection of your side panels… Next time you have your panels off, wet the end of a q-tip with a silicone spray and coat the inside of your grommets.. Your panels will come off easier and you’ll condition the rubber grommets… I’ve done this on both bikes and it helped immensely…. -JR

·
Registered
123 Posts
Woodman: Have you considered splicing in an extra 40cm of wire to the existing length? The extra wire could be pulled through into the saddle bag when the bags are in place. When you want to wash the bike open the bag pull the extra wire length through the gromet hole and you could remove the bag and lay the bag down on , say a milk crate with a soft fabric to protect the bag

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodman: Have you considered splicing in an extra 40cm of wire to the existing length? The extra wire could be pulled through into the saddle bag when the bags are in place. When you want to wash the bike open the bag pull the extra wire length through the gromet hole and you could remove the bag and lay the bag down on , say a milk crate with a soft fabric to protect the bag
Hi Bad Horsie. Not thought of that one. I will look into it. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts