Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was expecting a head turning bike at the reveal, instead the finished custom paint looked like stock colors. And the airbrushed tank is fugly. Not worth your time for this bike. Now the’62 DeVille is a different story…that is one sick Caddy! Oh yeah, there’s a HD on the show as well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
603 Posts
Lol I saw the beginning then fell asleep. Woke up and the next episode was on. Maybe I can get it on on-demand. Though it sounds like the reveal was nothing special.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just saw it on U-Tube If its the blue one? I agree its just a generic custom paint job

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,437 Posts
Season 7 episode 16 is another Indian that isn't a stock version

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Season 7 episode 16 is another Indian that isn't a stock version

This is more of a custom paint job than the one I mentioned. It's a bit better, but I would place it under, "What were you thinking" category. I've never been a fan of "true flames'...prefer old school. The image on the tank would have been enough, imo, less is more. I do like the blue color however.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,437 Posts
This is more of a custom paint job than the one I mentioned. It's a bit better, but I would place it under, "What were you thinking" category. I've never been a fan of "true flames'...prefer old school. The image on the tank would have been enough, imo, less is more. I do like the blue color however.
I'm with you there. I'm not a fan of flames and skulls. I went into a local shop and wanted to support the small business but every shirt he was selling had skulls so I ended up not buying anything.

BTW, just finished watching the episode you were talking about. That is what the customer wanted so that's what he got. I think they could've gone a bit further on army aviator theme without going as far as the one I posted. But they both followed the golden rule... he who has the gold makes the rules ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I added flames, via decals, to my 2013 Vulcan Voyager, and was pretty satisfied with the look. But when I decided to put a custom paint job on my 2017 Chieftain Limited, I chose scallops, feeling that flames had been overdone and seemed to be the first choice of a lot of owners. IMO, the scallop treatment compliments the lines of the bike. I couldn't be more pleased with the airbrushed murals. The detail is incredible When I get the bike back from the dealer once they've been able to replace the ECM, I'll take more pictures and post for everyone to see.
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Plant Fuel tank Wheel Land vehicle Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts