Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 19 Roadmaster Elite and love it. The only problem is my feet hurt after a long ride from the vibration through the floorboards. I was looking at installing the standard floorboards with the dampening pads instead of the solid billet floorboards it cames with but after a little deeper dive it looks like these may have a different mounts. Can anyone confirm? Other suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Rider
1,059 Posts
I have a 19 chieftain dark horse and the floorboards are floating rubber.
No problems with anything.
I believe they should fit right on.
You could call the dealer to check fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the floating rubber is what I want! I did stop by my dealer and they weren't very helpful unfortunately. Sometimes it's like going into an autozone ect.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If you’re anywhere near Virginia you’re welcome to test fit mine from the standard Roadmaster. Heck I might even be willing to trade!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cameroni, I appreciate the test fit offer but I'm not that close. The billets are pretty pricey. I'll probably hold onto them.

·
Registered
914 Posts
That was a joke! The fit offer is real, though.

Cameroni, I appreciate the test fit offer but I'm not that close. The billets are pretty pricey. I'll probably hold onto them.

Reactions: Welshjs0787

·
Bronze member
1,949 Posts
The OEM floating boards will be a direct fit. I think I have the original set taken off of my Roadmaster laying around in a bin somewhere.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I recently purchased a 19 Roadmaster Elite and love it. The only problem is my feet hurt after a long ride from the vibration through the floorboards. I was looking at installing the standard floorboards with the dampening pads instead of the solid billet floorboards it cames with but after a little deeper dive it looks like these may have a different mounts. Can anyone confirm? Other suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.
Buy better boots... Vibram souls

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
Looking at the pics of that bike, it appears to have the Pinnacle Floor boards installed as a standard feature. If that's the case, I have replaced the stock boards with the Pinnacle on my Vintage and there really isn't a difference in how they mount. The pinnacle boards do have the same cushioning that the stock boards have and from my perspective, I don't notice any difference between them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
does anyone know if the floorboard inserts interchangable between the pinnacle ones and the standard rubber ones?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks in advanced.
I'm buying the elite also, any issues that should be a concern? Besides the floorboards?
I'm really conserned about fuel mileage at 3000 rpms approx 80 mph.?
Is it a strong bike that just wants to go go..? I felt like the rm 2017 was struggling on long rides.at only 35 mpg at 80mph long distances.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm buying the elite also, any issues that should be a concern? Besides the floorboards?
I'm really conserned about fuel mileage at 3000 rpms approx 80 mph.?
Is it a strong bike that just wants to go go..? I felt like the rm 2017 was struggling on long rides.at only 35 mpg at 80mph long distances.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
I've had no problem getting up to speed and I'm in touring mode you could switch to sport mode if you really feel it needs to. My daily commute has 80 mph stretch for about 20 mintues. I'm averaging about 40 mpg. I haven't found much I dislike about the at all. I think it vibrates a little bit but from the forums it sounds like a ECU tune helps it. I plan on doing at least a stage one so it'll require it anyways. If I still have some vibration issues I'll just get the stock floorboards with the rubber shock absorbers and get the version with the chrome inlay to go better with the bike. Congrats to your elite purchase as well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts