Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2017 one off custom Chieftan DH that was made for Daytona bike show. Bike has one up seat and I want to know if I could put a Roadmaster seat on it for when the wife wants to come along? Can any one help me out?

·
Bronze member
3,403 Posts
yes you can... but there are aftermarket seats cheaper and some say more comfortable...

·
Registered
22 Posts
i hav
I may have a 17 Chieftain seat if you are looking.. let me know and I will take a look....
i h
Just bought a 2017 one off custom Chieftan DH that was made for Daytona bike show. Bike has one up seat and I want to know if I could put a Roadmaster seat on it for when the wife wants to come along? Can any one help me out?
ave the roadmaster seat on my chieftain and my wife loves it and its great for me to except on really long rides because i am skinny and have tail bone issues but with the air hawk cruiser r large seat i can go forever

·
Registered
269 Posts
One thing to be leery of would be on my 17 chieftain the roadmaster seat doesn't leave much room for the sissy bar. It will fit, but you'll want both saddlebag lids open, and maybe the retaining bolt on the rear fender out or loose. It's a snug fit but she'll go on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d like to see a picture of your one off custom dark horse, if you have one handy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wonder what this bike looks like? Maybe a picture would be nice to look at. We like custom one-off Chieftains on this forum.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
The seat in interchangeable as you can see bu the photo that Lurch71 was good enough to post. This is one of the best things about belonging to this forum so many willing to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts