Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were finishing approximately a 200 mile day trip. The high that day was in the low 50s. My wife had the seat warmer on and I had elevated the heated grips to about 7 (as I don't have winter gloves... yet). About 10 miles from home, the heated grips quit, so did the seat warmer. I also noticed that the turn signals quit functioning at all. It was getting late and we had a full day of things to deal with the next day and I didn't have time to dig into the problem then or since. Plan to this weekend. I have tried to search the forum for people with similar issues without much success.
I did get two codes. U1FFF clutch switch update rate abnormal and P1063 poperator switch status abnormal update rate. I assumed a fuse must have blown. So tonight I thought I should make sure atleast the blinker issues remains. After starting the bike I thought worked, but I was unable to cancel it or get the switch to initiate the other side. Shut the bike down and restarted to find the turn signals functioned as designed. I read that loose connections to the battery or chasis can cause strange issues. I plan to investigate those issues this weekend. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Definitely check the fuse! I had a fuse pop and a bunch of stuff went crazy! Hope it's just a simple fuse swap. Otherwise, then you'd need to get digging in to everything else. Good luck!

Reactions: RedRM

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well over the weekend I ended up working on my daughter's brakes, and it took me over an hour to get one bolt out of the caliper frame. That yellow lock tight had me using a mini sledge and a wrench for entire duration of the threads. Never got any easier until I finally broke the wrench. Well then I used a fire wrench on them and the rest came out much better but still tough. Called the dealership and they told me that it was under warranty so why go thru the frustration. At the time it sounded like some relief. When I pick it up and if they have solved the issue I will report what they said the issue was. The belt started squealing a bit at low speed again. I just adjusted it about1k miles ago. It was running great. Anyway thanks for all the recommendations. I will update later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts