Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 4th Roadmaster, but my first 1 with the stock 116.

My bike has been at the shop for almost a week now as the technicians are troubleshooting with Polaris trying to find the issue why about 1/2 the time the bike won't crank.

I can hear the fuel injector sound then I hit start button and then It will turn over and sometimes even sputter like a slow start about 1/2 the time it will not crank until I totally power down and then start the process again - most of the time it will crank right up.

This behavior did not happen until stage 1 was done.

Anyone else experience this problem after stage 1?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just heard from the tech and the dealer on my bike. They have been troubleshooting with polaris for over a week on the random cranking issue.

I'm glad I have another bike, since I commute to the office 4 days a week lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this week will be 2 weeks in the shop! I wish Indian would reimburse us for the amount of time we don't get to use our bike while they troubleshoot lol

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hope you get it worked out! I only have one, if mine were out of action so long, I'd want some compensation, too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also the same problem with my 2020 RM. From time to time I get start this issue only when the engine is cold. At the time I have the problem I can feel a strong smell of petrol. Think it will be a ignition issue. My dealer here in Sweden will look at it next week.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked my bike up from dealer today after 3 weeks! It appears that it was an engine temperature sensor that was causing a problem with the random 'not starting' issue.

It did not show an error code and it took 3 weeks to trouble shoot with polaris tech support.

The bike runs great, went on a 300 mile trip today.

2 other small glitches with ride command 2.0 that somehow Polaris and dealer have no clue on:

I had the amber gauges upgraded to the black face gauges - this causes the Ride command Odometer to flash back and forth between the original mileage and the mileage on the new odometer gauge! - - very distracting.

Then the Day / Night Automatic screen sensor does not work - - The answer Polaris Tech support gave the dealer tech was that the light sensor that was put on Road Command 2.0 bikes is too sensitive so they are thinking about deleting that feature in a future software update! I can't understand why they just don't fix the sensor? don't take away one of our features!

I'm starting to regret trading my 2019 RM for the 2020! it is a great bike, but this is the first time i've had to lose substantial time in the shop over small technical glitches - - not fun lol

·
Bronze member
4,872 Posts
Picked my bike up from dealer today after 3 weeks! It appears that it was an engine temperature sensor that was causing a problem with the random 'not starting' issue.

It did not show an error code and it took 3 weeks to trouble shoot with polaris tech support.

The bike runs great, went on a 300 mile trip today.

2 other small glitches with ride command 2.0 that somehow Polaris and dealer have no clue on:

I had the amber gauges upgraded to the black face gauges - this causes the Ride command Odometer to flash back and forth between the original mileage and the mileage on the new odometer gauge! - - very distracting.

Then the Day / Night Automatic screen sensor does not work - - The answer Polaris Tech support gave the dealer tech was that the light sensor that was put on Road Command 2.0 bikes is too sensitive so they are thinking about deleting that feature in a future software update! I can't understand why they just don't fix the sensor? don't take away one of our features!

I'm starting to regret trading my 2019 RM for the 2020! it is a great bike, but this is the first time i've had to lose substantial time in the shop over small technical glitches - - not fun lol

Most likely because Polaris doesn't make the Ride command unit, Harmon Kardon does, and they most likely are in no hurry to change anything with a sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts