Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 60th is coming up and we started planning a road trip on the bikes, with another couple, back in January. She wanted to see some of the Utah National Parks and hike in Zion on her birthday. Then the virus came along and the world tilted. And then paused. It seems to be tilting back just enough that it looks like it's going to be feasible now. We are leaving on the May 15th and the world is starting to open up just in time.

Ten days. About 3,000 miles. Leaving from just north of San Antonio. Road stops include Amarillo, Taos, Million Dollar Highway, Moab (Arches) Escalante, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Monument Valley, and Santa Fe. Long miles on the first and last days; the middle days, when we get into good riding, will be about 200-250 miles a day. Plenty of time to explore some of the awesome roads we'll be near.

There was a great thread a short while ago about roads in Utah and the Epic Roads thread. Lots of choices to make. I've got the awesome Butler maps for each of the states. We know our general destination but each day we'll decide how to get there and when to stop.

Should be an amazing trip, even if the world is still a little tilted. Will post photos to this thread.

Open to all advice, suggestions - for road tripping, roads, or places to see/go/stay/eat.

Reactions: Ace22

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
good luck... and be safe... look forward to seeing pictures and tails of your adventure..

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
That sounds like an amazing trip. I take 3 weeks off each year to make a big trip and am hoping things work out too. Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your journey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts