Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Would you be interested in a Ride in/meet at Spirit Lake,IA ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread "Constructive Criticism" and reading about all the problems owners are experiencing, I am proposing a road trip to Spirit Lake. I am also proposing that we elect a committee of sorts, maybe comprised of administrators/moderators of our forum. We need to come face to face with the company that we all have a large investment in. I am retired and am willing to step up (with some guidance) and do something to get this company to communicate with and resolve some of our concerns. This would be a ride-in with spokes persons who can articulate what we want and need to resolve all our legitimate issues. Hope everyone participates and I hope the administrators/moderators support this movement. Your thought/ideas/road map to success and anything positive and workable would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Corporations listen to the needs and wants of their major stockholders and those of the board of directors, no one else need apply. The dealerships are suppose to deal with us "The little people".

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
After reading the thread "Constructive Criticism" and reading about all the problems owners are experiencing, I am proposing a road trip to Spirit Lake. I am also proposing that we elect a committee of sorts, maybe comprised of administrators/moderators of our forum. We need to come face to face with the company that we all have a large investment in. I am retired and am willing to step up (with some guidance) and do something to get this company to communicate with and resolve some of our concerns. This would be a ride-in with spokes persons who can articulate what we want and need to resolve all our legitimate issues. Hope everyone participates and I hope the administrators/moderators support this movement. Your thought/ideas/road map to success and anything positive and workable would be appreciated.
Go ahead and pencil me in as a Prayer Warrior on this here campaign.

It's not that I'm skeptical or anything, I have 12 grand kids who eat up all my vacation time.
The only free time I have is picking my route to work and home from the job.

You retired guys got it made.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I haven't had any problems
Would be nice to see the place

Reactions: Hognuts1960

·
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and when exactly is this going to take place.
geewago - just taking a poll to see how much interest there may be. There were over 400 posts on the thread "Constructive Criticism", with the vast majority being the problems with their bikes. Seems to me that there would be some interest in doing something about it. All things begin at the beginning - a grass roots kinda thing. I think it would be a good ride, see the sights, and bring attention to the problems we are having. I'm not blowing smoke about this. So I guess, if all these owners are having problems, then let's go. If you read the "Constructive Criticism" thread, you can easily see something needs to be done. If we can generate at least 50 riders willing to go. If we can wrangle a good spokesperson. If we can get some good input, then I will start to plan a ride. Did you vote? Are you in geewago?

·
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go ahead and pencil me in as a Prayer Warrior on this here campaign.

It's not that I'm skeptical or anything, I have 12 grand kids who eat up all my vacation time.
The only free time I have is picking my route to work and home from the job.

You retired guys got it made.
Thanks for the support. Vote if you have not. As far as retired (ain't dead yet) nothin' like stickin it to a company stickin to you. I'm just surprised at the lack of response when we have an opportunity looking us right in the kisser

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My little issues would hardly support a trip to Iowa but if I was out there when folks go I would be in.....I am planning a 2400 mile trip to wine country in Northern California from Florida. I guess I could ride home in that direction!!!

·
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My little issues would hardly support a trip to Iowa but if I was out there when folks go I would be in.....I am planning a 2400 mile trip to wine country in Northern California from Florida. I guess I could ride home in that direction!!!
Vote anyway Avanti. I need 50 committed riders

·
Rider
798 Posts
I wish you all the best @Americal23 but I'm pretty jaded about your chances of getting someone's ear - at least someone's ear that can provide any results. This is not the only forum I belong to, and the problems and concerns with the bikes are pretty much the same in both forums. Your biggest challenge will be to break through the "Corporate Communications Iron Curtain" and change some corporate culture - both extremely tough challenges.

You've got more stamina than I do - I spent all my energy keeping my Gilroy on the road. Now I'm waiting for a day without black ice so I can take the Vintage in for the recall repair.

Good luck. Ride safe - ride lucky.

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts

Commendable effort. I am the OP of the thread * * * CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism for Polaris/Indian * * *, which I started for reasons related in post # 6, I closed it in June. I tried to keep it on topic. After the IMRG Annual run in October, I reopened it for reason stated in my post # 368. So yes, they do read it, and they do discuss it.

A Facebook inundation of challenges would also help. They seem to be more reactive to Facebook, but still remain silent to individual responses. (Note I abhor FB and try not to use it).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Commendable effort. I am the OP of the thread * * * CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism for Polaris/Indian * * *, which I started for reasons related in post # 6, I closed it in June. I tried to keep it on topic. After the IMRG Annual run in October, I reopened it for reason stated in my post # 368. So yes, they do read it, and they do discuss it.

A Facebook inundation of challenges would also help. They seem to be more reactive to Facebook, but still remain silent to individual responses. (Note I abhor FB and try not to use it).
I agree that an inundation of their Facebook page would probably help and get their attention since stuff travels so fast on social media. IMO instead of showing up at Spirit Lake, it might be more effective to show up in masse at Polaris's corp headquarters in Medina. 400 plus bikes showing up at corp headquarters probably would get their attention.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
The facility in Spirit Lake, Ia is an assembly plant for the bikes as a whole
The facility in Osceola, Wi is where the Thunderstroke engines are assembled
The R&D/Product Development plant is in Wyoming, MN
Their corporate office's are located in Medina, MN

y'all can travel to the spirit lake iowa plant and MAYBE get a tour if you pre-register and they are having tours what ever time of year your planning, they have been known to turn away large groups (just sayin), but I doubt the folks at that facility will be able (or willing) to pacify a group (MOB) of concerned (Frustrated) motorcycle riders (bikers), that are part of the International Indian Owners Motorcycle Club (Gang) :rolleyes:

If your looking to get their attention - perhaps the Facebook idea would be a better resource, or a rally (protest) blocking the entrance to their corporate office - heck, the Black Lives Matter and the NAACP gangs have been blocking roads, freeways and police station entrances all over the Twin Cites of Minneapolis and St. Paul - whats another protest.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
The best way to do it is to book a group tour and then when an executive comes to greet the group, the group does a surprise Q & A attack on the person. Hahaha! They'll never see it coming, unless the enemy scouts read this forum! O inundate their website with so many emails that it shuts down their server. It's called a denial-of-service (DoS) attack. An effective way to grab their attention if you feel as if your needs are being ignored.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
With my 2016 Dark Horse I am ecstatic. The paint and finish is perfect. I have a small computer code hiccup, and the rear master cylinder recall, but I believe those issues will be addressed during my 500 mile service. Other than that, my dealer (Coral Motorsports) has been friendly and very cooperative with everything. I had to call Indian corporate about the recall, and the lady I spoke with was beyond nice, and was completely honest with me about the recall. I can't even complain about them, and trust me, I am a definite complainer! LOL! On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst, both Indian/Polaris and Coral Motorsports would get a 9.9 from me at this point.

·
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes you and EskimoQuinn had the same suggestion on FB. I was just attempting to illustrate that those with problems just can't sit on their hands but do something, anything is better than doing nothing. I agree that we could look like a mob. This is why I suggested a spokesperson to represent. None of this is easy to do. Just putting on a local meet is a headache an I appreciate your input and the location of the Ivory Tower. I hope that at the least, we can keep the "Constructive Criticism" thread active and viable as a means of communication with the company. Once again - Thanks

·
Bronze member
1,554 Posts
Victory has a birthday/open house every year in Spirit Lake. I'm sure it's a Indian thing now too.
There used to be a Victory event put on by TheVMC (Victory Motorcycle Club) and some volunteers from the factory. That ended two years ago.

And I agree that going to Spirit Lake won't get you any satisfaction. it is a production facility and with the exception of the leaders of that facility, you won't likely find anyone that can help.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts