Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Relevant footage at 56 seconds. The pickup driver went across two lanes to hit the biker. Note that the following biker avoided the carnage and started following the pickup, which appears to be pulling off to the right, but then speeds off. No word as yet on arrests.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
It looked like the biker was just cruising along minding his own business. There seemed to be no reason for that and I hope he gets life for attempted murder. I also hope the biker gets a great legal team and financially ruins that person forever.

·
Rider
1,532 Posts
What a giant MF'er, One of the reasons I do not ride on the interstates unless forced to...…………..Traffic is out of control and too many dickheads! Hope that rider is going to be okay. Hope that driver get's sent up for attempted murder!
Your are 100% correct, the truck driver is a MFer and should be charged with attempted murder becasue he hunted down and intentionally ran into the motorcycle. But really, this has nothing to do with Interstates. @$$holes drive on all roads.

Stay off interstates if you want, a whole lot of folks that I've ridden with do for a variety of reasons.

But don't think you're soooo much safer on the State & US Highway system . . . .

It looked like the biker was just cruising along minding his own business. There seemed to be no reason for that and I hope he gets life for attempted murder. I also hope the biker gets a great legal team and financially ruins that person forever.
I agree, but based on the way the truck driver slides by on the right of the camera I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a conflict that happened behind the car with the camera. Even if there was, the truck driver was being a total @$$ and should be put under the jail ! ! !

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Almost clipped the dash cam car.
I tried to read the plate, looks like Colorado with the mountains across the top. Maybe the original video is clear enough to make out what it is.

That maneuver in front of the car is about what an SUV did to me after I moved to the center lane away from the merge lane to keep clear of the right lane.

I don’t like any traffic near me.

Really don’t want to criticize the motorcyclist at this time but I have to say it, there’s no way I would get that close to traffic ahead of me. I always want to see the road ahead a good distance for whatever speed I’m going. Too much debris gets in the roads, for one thing, and I don’t have x-ray vision or ESP to know what might happen suddenly.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a conflict that happened behind the car with the camera. Even if there was, the truck driver was being a total @$$
Yeah there’s already enough stupid accidents all the time, don’t need to up the ante.
Somebody almost got me Saturday evening just before it got dark when I pulled into the left turn lane.
It pulled out from a gas station parking lot from behind a car that was going right (opposite way).
I had my turn signal on well before that, although they went ahead and pulled out to the left turn lane too, as if they didn’t see it.
Guess I’m lucky they were turning left after all and not going all the way over onto the highway.
Scary moment being side-by-side before they braked and I sped up around.
Motorcycle accidents have been going on in the local news recently. One killed both rider and passenger including the driver of the truck involved. Just happens that I’ve been using that same location as a route this year to stay off the freeway.

Reactions: CaptFlood

·
Rider
946 Posts
Almost clipped the dash cam car.
I tried to read the plate, looks like Colorado with the mountains across the top. Maybe the original video is clear enough to make out what it is.
One of the bikes followed the truck I am sure to get the plate they stopped then started back up. To follow more or trun around is unclear. I would have followed at a distance while calling 911.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
There must be a story to this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something happened before, that pissed off the truck driver. Like the bikers split through still standing cars at the last traffic light before the ramp onto the freeway... truck driver honked, bikers flipped the bird...

Still doesn’t justify it btw. Fkn idiot.

·
Founding member / rider
895 Posts
That vid illustrates clearly why you do not ride side by side in a group of motorcyclists, nor do you bunch up. Also looks like he did not have a good helmet on. FYI, Beanie Helmets are nothing more than pretend helmets.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
I wonder what precipitated that... but regardless, that's either murder or attempted murdered.
add premeditated to that... release his name... Colorado is Sons of Silence territory.. maybe they'll deal with it in their own way

1 - 20 of 62 Posts