Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Painted to match the seat. Home Depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, perfect match!

I was thinking of painting that thing red to match the bike, but that looks damn good. Can I ask you take a side picture? These types of ideas are why I love motorcycle forums.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very nice match.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Looks factory, well done :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had always said "I will never own a black bike." But I actually bought the black RM because the Red and Red/Cream 2-tone looks TOTALLY AWFUL because of the black speaker pods, and I didn't want to spend the money to have it painted. Amazing work with a spray can - like the above poster said it looks factory.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for the post, and the idea! I followed your lead and did the same thing. Yes, I did remove the covers. There's just 3 bolts on each side to remove (it's easier if you remove the seat first).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks for the post, and the idea! I followed your lead and did the same thing. Yes, I did remove the covers. There's just 3 bolts on each side to remove (it's easier if you remove the seat first).
Looking at mine, it looks like those bolts are in the trunk, no, and you mean passenger back rest ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looking at mine, it looks like those bolts are in the trunk, no, and you mean passenger back rest ?
Yes, the bolts are in the trunk, and one on top of the cover. I removed both the passenger back rest and the seat. The seat could probably be left on, but when I was reinstalling the covers I didn't want to scratch the new paint trying to work it past the seat.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yes, the bolts are in the trunk, and one on top of the cover. I removed both the passenger back rest and the seat. The seat could probably be left on, but when I was reinstalling the covers I didn't want to scratch the new paint trying to work it past the seat.
Ah, okay thanks, that makes sense, I had seen those bolts when looking to see if the speakers were the same as the front ones, for another post on the Polk audio swap. When you posted, I thought I might a been wrong. I have not swapped my speakers though, as they seem fine to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you have to remove the inside from the trunk or do you have a picture or description of the bolts that you removed?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
That looks really nice. Good job!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did you have to remove the inside from the trunk or do you have a picture or description of the bolts that you removed?
Sorry, I didn't take pictures, but once you remove the trunk liner (it just lifts out), the bolts are pretty easy to see on the speaker covers. One on top, 2 from inside the trunk. 2 bolts behind the passenger backrest, and if you want to remove the seat, a bolt on each side and one behind the seat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts