Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tied down the antenna on their RM so its not bouncing back and forth when riding, if so what did you use or buy. I was thinking of using a zap strap looped around the antenna and the chrome.luggae rack tubing but looked like crap.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got the rubber duck antenna short and never lose any radio channels,beware I put a 14 inch mast on and lost almost all radio stations I got the rubber duck off eBay cost was cheap and have all my radio stations back.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,075 Posts
I used to tuck mine under the RM trunk to get it out of the way. Then I found a shorty antenna at Auto Zone and put it on. Reception just as good as stock.

·
168 Posts
I used to tuck mine under the RM trunk to get it out of the way. Then I found a shorty antenna at Auto Zone and put it on. Reception just as good as stock.
Just bend it over the top of the rear luggage rack spool and under the front spool. Out of the way and out of sight, at no cost.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Took mine off.....never listen to the radio.

--
Gordon
That's what I did as well. I always use my phone for music and navigation. To prevent corrosion, I took some shrink tube and placed it over the base with 1" of excess. Applied heat to shrink it down and then took a second piece of tubing, folded the extra 1" over the side and shrunk the new piece... No water getting in there.

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
537 Posts
I cut mine down in size, still works fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts