1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
@Ralph L We will be coming out with some more products for the indian. Also this is a place where everyone loves there ''Ride" so with that being said i would love to hear what you all would like for us to work on for the indians. You can email me direct @ h[email protected]

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
We need several Indian items, or some items that are listed for other bikes to be listed and shown to work on Indian.

For example, many of us have been looking for rear flag setup to attach to the license plate frame, most put the mast in direct conflict with the rear turn signals, BUT, I think RIVCO has a setup that will work with a little Modification to the top part of the bracket.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/images/D/FH500_Proto Dbl Flag Holder_onlftflagsclose003bw.jpg

---
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
We also need:
1. LOUD stylish air horn that will fit within the Chief/Vintage housing (or replace it).
2. Bolt covers (2 each side) for where the rear guards would attach - chrome and black

And . . . you guys have to update that website. Bad links, missing images, and backdated Shockwave versions.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
We also need:
1. LOUD stylish air horn that will fit within the Chief/Vintage housing (or replace it).
2. Bolt covers (2 each side) for where the rear guards would attach - chrome and black

And . . . you guys have to update that website. Bad links, missing images, and backdated Shockwave versions.
I agree with you 100 percent, let's hope they read this and take some real action for us Indian owners.

---

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
We need several Indian items, or some items that are listed for other bikes to be listed and shown to work on Indian.

For example, many of us have been looking for rear flag setup to attach to the license plate frame, most put the mast in direct conflict with the rear turn signals, BUT, I think RIVCO has a setup that will work with a little Modification to the top part of the bracket.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/images/D/FH500_Proto Dbl Flag Holder_onlftflagsclose003bw.jpg

---
HI there
Rich Colano here, I am the owner of Rivco products. I do all the new product i deas, most of the design design and development here.
The flag holder you have a link to on our site is for HD Street and Road Glides. I think you are correct that with changes made to it to fit the Indian tail light and licensce mount that the basic size and design would look and work well on Indians. Thank you for that and i will get that to the top of my list for new Indian items. I would anticipate we could be offering it for sale by mid summer. The one in the link is all Stainless steel polished to a mirror finishand that's how i would do one for Indian models as well. Also it sells for $59.95 I believe

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
We also need:

HI there
Rich Colano here, I am the owner of Rivco products. I do all the new product i deas, most of the design design and development here.
The air horns are a good idea as well. We were scheduled to purchase a n2015 Vintage mid 2014 (which i am personally drooling over to have one for myself in the light greean and cream) but igot beat out by demand for new product for the Can Am Spyder. So we ended up with one of those to add to ur current r&d models we own. If there is an owner in our area (Between Milwaukee and Chicago) that would be interested in allowing us to use it for the remaining cold months up here while in storage to help develop these new item would be awesome. We ussually offer the generous owner whatever accessories we make and they would like added tot heir bike in exchange for using. We do not ride the bike, we insure and keep it in our heated r&d area. We currently offer adjustable passenger floorboards for the Indians RIVCO Products Inc. Indian Adjustable Passenger Floorboards with Mounts for Indian Models
And we will be working on more items very soon.
Thank you all for your feed back and comments, it really help define what is wanted for your bikes

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
We also need:

Also I do apologize for our web site. I know it is antiquated, we have had a company working with us to build a ne web ste that was to launch Jan 1. That didn't happen but we should have it up and going in just a week or two. For some reason we lost the link to where some of our photos are stored on line and cannot get it back. Again i apologize and i know it looks poor.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Also I do apologize for our web site. I know it is antiquated, we have had a company working with us to build a ne web ste that was to launch Jan 1. That didn't happen but we should have it up and going in just a week or two. For some reason we lost the link to where some of our photos are stored on line and cannot get it back. Again i apologize and i know it looks poor.
Thanks
Hey Rich. First, welcome and second I'm impressed that an owner is here and not some delegate. Thanks for that.
As to the web site . . . my apologies if it sounded a bit harsh. Not intended to. In fact your website is not too bad, considering the demographic you might/should be targeting. I'm a retired IT guy of long standing, thus have a critical eye for such things.

I would bet that a majority of Indian owners are over the age of 45 or even 50. That demographic seeks visual simplicity, not the busy, multi-sensory, flashy, bling-ladden websites that many of the younger generation prefer. So . . . I recommend you keep the simplicity. That being said, be sure you redesign is what is called "responsive website design", meaning it can be viewed on a cell phone, tablet, or a computer. Most of us old guys have embraced such technology and often look things up on our phones.

As for links, graphics, etc. . . . just be sure the loading time is fast, e.g., images optimized for the web, not for printing.

Lastly, about the user interface . . . less is not necessarily more, and more can be distracting. You know the adage . . . KISS. A web page that does not require constant updating or maintenance can be referred to as a 'static' website. A web page that requires constant updating can be expensive in upkeep, etc. Commercial sites need to find that balance. Less updating, but updated with new information.

I look forward to seeing your improvements and potentially doing business with you. I've already seen a few items I am interested in acquiring.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hey Rich. First, welcome and second I'm impressed that an owner is here and not some delegate. Thanks for that.
As to the web site . . . my apologies if it sounded a bit harsh. Not intended to. In fact your website is not too bad, considering the demographic you might/should be targeting. I'm a retired IT guy of long standing, thus have a critical eye for such things.

I would bet that a majority of Indian owners are over the age of 45 or even 50. That demographic seeks visual simplicity, not the busy, multi-sensory, flashy, bling-ladden websites that many of the younger generation prefer. So . . . I recommend you keep the simplicity. That being said, be sure you redesign is what is called "responsive website design", meaning it can be viewed on a cell phone, tablet, or a computer. Most of us old guys have embraced such technology and often look things up on our phones.

As for links, graphics, etc. . . . just be sure the loading time is fast, e.g., images optimized for the web, not for printing.

Lastly, about the user interface . . . less is not necessarily more, and more can be distracting. You know the adage . . . KISS. A web page that does not require constant updating or maintenance can be referred to as a 'static' website. A web page that requires constant updating can be expensive in upkeep, etc. Commercial sites need to find that balance. Less updating, but updated with new information.

I look forward to seeing your improvements and potentially doing business with you. I've already seen a few items I am interested in acquiring.
Thanks for the response, and no you are not too harsh i hate our web site and have for several years . I aggree it needs to be simple for older PC cjhallenge peeps like myself (there's a reason i dont keep my hammers anywhere near my PC lol). All good advise thanks. BTW how would you like a part time job in the frozen north at Rivco helping with our web design and maintanence :)

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Thanks for the response, and no you are not too harsh i hate our web site and have for several years . I aggree it needs to be simple for older PC cjhallenge peeps like myself (there's a reason i dont keep my hammers anywhere near my PC lol). All good advise thanks. BTW how would you like a part time job in the frozen north at Rivco helping with our web design and maintanence :)
[watching] Well I didn't expect that kind of response, but if you are serious, let's talk. Been thinking of coming out of retirement, part-time. I'll PM you. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
HI there
The air horns are a good idea as well. We were scheduled to purchase a n2015 Vintage mid 2014 (which i am personally drooling over to have one for myself in the light greean and cream) but igot beat out by demand for new product for the Can Am Spyder. So we ended up with one of those to add to ur current r&d models we own. If there is an owner in our area (Between Milwaukee and Chicago) that would be interested in allowing us to use it for the remaining cold months up here while in storage to help develop these new item would be awesome. We ussually offer the generous owner whatever accessories we make and they would like added tot heir bike in exchange for using. We do not ride the bike, we insure and keep it in our heated r&d area. We currently offer adjustable passenger floorboards for the Indians RIVCO Products Inc. Indian Adjustable Passenger Floorboards with Mounts for Indian Models
And we will be working on more items very soon.
Thank you all for your feed back and comments, it really help define what is wanted for your bikes
Welcome Aboard, really great to see an owner to take direct interest in what us Indian owners need and desire for our bikes, we are needing accessories with quality and assortment.

Great, there are many in this forum who have been looking for over a year for a License Plate Flag holder that will fit the Big Indians, make sure you post it here on the Forum once you have it available, think it will sell well.
HI there
The flag holder you have a link to on our site is for HD Street and Road Glides. I think you are correct that with changes made to it to fit the Indian tail light and licensce mount that the basic size and design would look and work well on Indians. Thank you for that and i will get that to the top of my list for new Indian items. I would anticipate we could be offering it for sale by mid summer. The one in the link is all Stainless steel polished to a mirror finishand that's how i would do one for Indian models as well. Also it sells for $59.95 I believe

---

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
Hopefully you have plans for scout items as well... lots of demand, and little availabilty so far....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hopefully you have plans for scout items as well... lots of demand, and little availabilty so far....
Yes, a rear fender mounted luggage rack for the Scout is high on my list of "Things I want ... now!"

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Yes, a rear fender mounted luggage rack for the Scout is high on my list of "Things I want ... now!"
I really had not thougth the scout would be as popular as it has become. That being the case as soon as i can get my hands and measuring tools on one we will get going on a luggae rack. When you say fender mounted do you mean a solo rack like this one we build for a few of the metric bikes ? or are you and others looking for a more functional grocery and luggage carring rack?

RIVCO Products Inc. Honda Quick Detach Solo Luggage Rack for HONDA VTX1800 C Models

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I really had not thougth the scout would be as popular as it has become. That being the case as soon as i can get my hands and measuring tools on one we will get going on a luggae rack. When you say fender mounted do you mean a solo rack like this one we build for a few of the metric bikes ? or are you and others looking for a more functional grocery and luggage carring rack?

RIVCO Products Inc. Honda Quick Detach Solo Luggage Rack for HONDA VTX1800 C Models
I'm sure some would go for the curved solo rack. I would prefer a flat rack, myself, but yes the solo rack is what I'm after. Maybe a seat rail too at some point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HI there
Hey Rich, an Indian dealer in Burlington would be good !! Got some of your stuff on my Harley, good stuff. Just down the road from you in Delavan. flhman

·
Registered
221 Posts
hey there Rich, love your products. I had the Rivco mirrors with integrated turn signals on my Victory Kingpin. Looking forward to that flag mount when it is available

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hmmmm ..... I'm super impressed with RIVCO's quick personal response!

ps. I'm leaning towards a gloss black Scout fender rack from Aeromach, but I'd be open to a neat retro flat rack from RIVCO. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts