Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Rinehart slimline header installed and I’m scraping the crossover pipe in any kind of moderate left turn. I can’t do a parking lot 180 to the left without dragging the pipe.
I’ve heard others have had similar issues and I know Rinehart is aware of it, but seriously, how did they even test fit this item and QC it before release?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just bought a Rinehart Header and was not aware of the scraping issue. I may have to rethink this issue as I like to lay over in the curves and do not want to give up any cornering clearance as these big bikes don't have a lot to begin with. Any other header pipes work with the Indian stage one slip ons?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I just bought a Rinehart Header and was not aware of the scraping issue. I may have to rethink this issue as I like to lay over in the curves and do not want to give up any cornering clearance as these big bikes don't have a lot to begin with. Any other header pipes work with the Indian stage one slip ons?
As far as I know, all of the aftermarket headers work with the Stage 1 slip-ons.

Reactions: Sludad

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just installed rinehart slimline, have about 300 miles on it. There is some adjustability to be had through either support (one on each side of crossover pipe) just have to be careful you don’t kill your belt clearance. I have taken some pretty tight turns with my rinehart header/mufflers = 0 scraping so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks for the response guys. I did email Rinehart about this and am awaiting a response. I will update when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keeps us posted. As i am looking to purchase the entire system (slimline header and 4" Rinehart slip on's). I am running the stock header with the cat and Indian stage 1 slip on. I enjoy the nose level it has now. Not too loud and it will get loud enough when i get on it. I have watched YouTube videos to hear the Rinehart system sound. What is it really like in person? do you guys find it louder then Indian stage 1? also is it a true dual header or is there a crossover under the Rinehart plate?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am running a stock header and crossover. On right turns i have scrapped the crossover, mufflers, and exhaust tips many times now. All on the right side not the left so much. Here are some pictures, sorry about the light the sun is going down. If you can see the muffler itself has a long scratch right underneath the Indian name. The crossover i have scrapped more times then i can remember. The tips are also shaved down from all the scrapping.

Attachments

Reactions: Kost

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
What I can't understand is why some "Einstein" hasn't already posted something like:

"If you want a canyon carver, you've got the wrong bike. Instead of abusing your RoadChallengerMaster, get a KawabusaSusukihondayama ZRXYZ RR " ..

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am running a stock header and crossover. On right turns i have scrapped the crossover, mufflers, and exhaust tips many times now. All on the right side not the left so much. Here are some pictures, sorry about the light the sun is going down. If you can see the muffler itself has a long scratch right underneath the Indian name. The crossover i have scrapped more times then i can remember. The tips are also shaved down from all the scrapping.
I will post here when I hear back. Nice scrapes.. I have a few myself.(y)

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I can't understand is why some "Einstein" hasn't already posted something like:

"If you want a canyon carver, you've got the wrong bike. Instead of abusing your RoadChallengerMaster, get a KawabusaSusukihondayama ZRXYZ RR " ..
Maybe most people don’t feel the need to be so pedantic and saw no one said anything about aggressive riding. And they’d see I mentioned slow “parking lot turns” as being an issue.
So, thank you for your contribution to this thread. ;)

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keeps us posted. As i am looking to purchase the entire system (slimline header and 4" Rinehart slip on's). I am running the stock header with the cat and Indian stage 1 slip on. I enjoy the nose level it has now. Not too loud and it will get loud enough when i get on it. I have watched YouTube videos to hear the Rinehart system sound. What is it really like in person? do you guys find it louder then Indian stage 1? also is it a true dual header or is there a crossover under the Rinehart plate?
It is not a true dual, there is indeed a crossover there.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Maybe Einstein's view is that a powerful cruiser that costs a bunch of money and boasts modern technology and performance should be exhilarating in other ways than straight lines or bike nights. For the most part is does these things and pretty damn well. It is a great bike but handling high speed turns is not a fault it is an asset. It is after all a motorcycle. I do have other motorbikes for the crazier side of me though.

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
Hey, just being proactive.. They always show up on performance threads with their asinine posts..

This is important info.. With parking lot maneuvers being problematic, the issue would seem intolerable.
So, best I can tell, this header is in need of a redesign or a "mod" that fixes the problem..

Reactions: Cmiller

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, just being proactive.. They always show up on performance threads with their asinine posts..

This is important info.. With parking lot maneuvers being problematic, the issue would seem intolerable.
So, best I can tell, this header is in need of a redesign or a "mod" that fixes the problem..
Rinehart is aware of the issue and are working on a redesign. When I spoke to them I was told those with issues would receive a new header.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rinehart is aware of the issue and are working on a redesign. When I spoke to them I was told those with issues would receive a new header.
I scrape very minimally but the issue I experienced 2 weeks ago when installing was just poor fitment of the crossover pipe. It looked to me that they needed to start the bend coming from the header to the crossover pipe about a half inch sooner. I wonder if this is what they are addressing? If this pipe had lined up properly, then the crossover pipe would actually be tucked into the bike more but as is now, It hangs down to accomodate the correct fitment of the slipon to mount in the rear bracket

·
Registered
322 Posts
I sent Rinehart two emails to inquire about this issue and they have not responded after 6 days have passed. Perhaps they want not to admit this issue or maybe their customer service is just not very responsive. I may send the header back and hold off on the install or look at other options. No big hurry really on my part.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I sent Rinehart two emails to inquire about this issue and they have not responded after 6 days have passed. Perhaps they want not to admit this issue or maybe their customer service is just not very responsive. I may send the header back and hold off on the install or look at other options. No big hurry really on my part.
I also sent them an email a few days ago asking about the same thing.

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called them directly and spoke to a rep. Yes they are aware of the issue and I was told they would replace your header with the updated design (once its made) if you have problems.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I called them directly and spoke to a rep. Yes they are aware of the issue and I was told they would replace your header with the updated design (once its made) if you have problems.
Did the rep happen to mention the process by which they were going to replace the headers such as email with proof of purchase or some sort of registry, or.......?, and is it the entire header or just the crossover pipe?

·
Rider
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn’t ask those questions because I called them before I had mine installed. I had heard about fitment and scraping issues.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts