Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Silver member
4,256 Posts
I'm having a helluva time getting my left side muffler back in place. Has anyone had this trouble? I'm wondering if I have to cut 1/4" of the end of the cross under pipe where is mates with the muffler...
I have one coming next Monday. But when I put on Freedom True Duals, I had to cut about 1/4" - 3/8" on left side of the True Duals to get my left side muffler to fit up. There is weld in the muffler that the pipe was hitting, keeping it from fully seating.

Edit: if you look at @cmoalem post above, might have to cut a little bit off ends if not using Rinehart mufflers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, Craig. I am reusing my Reinhart slip ons, but I'm a solid 1" off

·
Bronze member
1,448 Posts
I believe Walter @30PlusRetlaw had a similar issue, hopefully he'll respond but I think he had to cut something.

·
Registered
263 Posts
LOL. Yes, I have scraped both sides and I have the shields relocated to be as high as I can. I also added a taller rear tire. The taller rear tire makes the 585s a little better around town. I do like that combination and It also gives me more clearance for cornering. Amazon.com: Dunlop Elite 4 180/70R16 Rear Tire 45119303: Automotive
Which mufflers are you trying to install with the headers? I have the VH turn down mufflers so when I went back together I had to grind the seam on the inside we’re it was welded together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which mufflers are you trying to install with the headers? I have the VH turn down mufflers so when I went back together I had to grind the seam on the inside we’re it was welded together.
I am reusing my Rinehart slip-ons... Interesting thought. Maybe I'll pop the muffler back off and see if I can see if I have a similar problem..

I did manage to get my gap down to under a half inch by loosening everything up; that allowed some amount of play in the crossunder pipe

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have Tab Slip-on. The brake side went on with zero problems. The shifter side I had to cut almost an inch.

·
Rider
495 Posts
For those that have them installed, did you do the install yourself or did you have someone else do it? I am thinking of putting these on my 2019 Roadmaster.
Indian Motorcycle of Sturgis installed mine, along with Rinehart 4" slip on for Indian Touring, VooDoo Intake, and Indian Stage 2 Cam Set, all done at same time. Then flashed CraigB1960 Stage 2 tune with PV3, about 3 days later, did that myself.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am reusing my Rinehart slip-ons... Interesting thought. Maybe I'll pop the muffler back off and see if I can see if I have a similar problem..

I did manage to get my gap down to under a half inch by loosening everything up; that allowed some amount of play in the crossunder pipe
I did not cut anything but like I said; I had to message the inside of the muffler to except the pipe.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts