·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I recently wrote something here:

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the full system sitting in the garage dying to jump on the bike. as soon as the cams come in ill putting them on. read incredible amounts of info on pipes and such for a long time. I read power deep throaty not dumb loud and raspy. made my decision. cant wait to feel it. hear it. once the snow goes away blah

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the Rinehart Slimline Duals and Rinehart 4" slip on for Indian Touring on my 2016 Chieftain. Very well made, scavenging is excellent, gained low and mid range torque, sound incredibly good and muscular, love them. Sorry for the bad cell phone photo...you get the idea. =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a full Rinehart system on mine. I really like it. I personally do not think it's to loud. Sounds really good IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know what format videos need to be in to post? Mine is trying to load up as MP4 but then I get an error....

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Anyone know what format videos need to be in to post? Mine is trying to load up as MP4 but then I get an error....

You cant upload videos to the site. Videos you see here are linked to you tube or other hosting sites

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those that have them installed, did you do the install yourself or did you have someone else do it? I am thinking of putting these on my 2019 Roadmaster.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
For those that have them installed, did you do the install yourself or did you have someone else do it? I am thinking of putting these on my 2019 Roadmaster.
I had my previous Jackpot headers done myself.
The newer Rinehart headers were done at the shop after my valve train upgrade job was done (did not have jack to jack up rear and to lower the engine, thats why there).

I would not mind to do them myself again, certainly same/easier(!) than the Jackpot job. Just a bit of cussing and cursing removing the mufflers and maybe cutting the new header ends down a bit if you want to run other than Rinehart Mufflers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I installed my Rinehart Headers last year. The power range with this setup is excellent. Low, middle and top are all good. The sound is also a nice improvement. I posted a YouTube video of the pipes installed and running.
I also did my cam change to the 585, along with the spring change. And a list of other things. The bike runs well and sounds good.
If you bought the whole complete Rinehart kit you will have everything you need to install the pipes and headers. When removing the stock exhaust. I leave the headers tight and mounted to the frame. I remove the mufflers then remove the headers. I found that a little penetrating oil works well for this.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
@30PlusRetlaw is not too happy with the lack of ground clearance when cornering. He hits the left side MUCH earlier than the stock system, hopefully he'll comment on the right side clearance.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I installed my Rinehart Headers last year. The power range with this setup is excellent. Low, middle and top are all good. The sound is also a nice improvement. I posted a YouTube video of the pipes installed and running.
I also did my cam change to the 585, along with the spring change. And a list of other things. The bike runs well and sounds good.
If you bought the whole complete Rinehart kit you will have everything you need to install the pipes and headers. When removing the stock exhaust. I leave the headers tight and mounted to the frame. I remove the mufflers then remove the headers. I found that a little penetrating oil works well for this.
The tune helped a little too.....LOL

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
@30PlusRetlaw is not too happy with the lack of ground clearance when cornering. He hits the left side MUCH earlier than the stock system, hopefully he'll comment on the right side clearance.

RACNRAY
I had experienced some scraping right and left too.

BUT it all was just some heat shield edges ... (obviously you can mount/angle them differently depending on the hose clamp positioning and clamping down)

Meanwhile ... after some real life "clearencing" ... I am again at scraping my rear muffler bodies and floorboards . Just like before.

The rear muffler body scraping is very much dependant on rearspring preload (meanwhile I have an airshock) and weight in the rear (pillion or not, stuffed bags or not).
Light weight and all cranked up ... floorboards/mounts are the limiting factor.

So in my book the Rinehart headers are not better or worse clearance wise than any other exhaust system (including 2-1).
To exploit further with a high and short 2-1 system we need to raise the floorboards

·
Registered
707 Posts
I had experienced some scraping right and left too.

BUT it all was just some heat shield edges ... (obviously you can mount/angle them differently depending on the hose clamp positioning and clamping down)

Meanwhile ... after some real life "clearencing" ... I am again at scraping my rear muffler bodies and floorboards . Just like before.

The rear muffler body scraping is very much dependant on rearspring preload (meanwhile I have an airshock) and weight in the rear (pillion or not, stuffed bags or not).
Light weight and all cranked up ... floorboards/mounts are the limiting factor.

So in my book the Rinehart headers are not better or worse clearance wise than any other exhaust system (including 2-1).
To exploit further with a high and short 2-1 system we need to raise the floorboards

LOL. Yes, I have scraped both sides and I have the shields relocated to be as high as I can. I also added a taller rear tire. The taller rear tire makes the 585s a little better around town. I do like that combination and It also gives me more clearance for cornering. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FK33NNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts