Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
Lloyd’s already has them in stock. Posted on Facebook yesterday that Indian Charlotte has 24 sets ready to go. He will be posting dyno numbers soon.

·
Rider
932 Posts
About effin time. I still have my Rinehart slipons in storage, when I get tired of the great TAB zombies, would probably install the full Rinehart system. Thanks for the info.

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
It will be interesting to see if there is any real improvement or not. These are not true duals but very similar to the factory 2 inti 1 crossover. I wonder if the FM X pipe and the mufflers would be a better and cheaper option.

The Rinehart's look good as one cohesive unit. But 1400+ for the slip ons and header is a little pricey unless you are getting good numbers which I seriously doubt.

·
Rider
932 Posts
I agree. They look good, I would expect they would also sound good, but probably no significant difference (if any) in sound or power from the FM x or other catless headers with crossover.

·
Bronze member
1,846 Posts
One good reason to consider the new Rinehart headers (over the FM jackpots or the Libertyville X-Pipes):
No cutting and sealing issues of original head pipe sections!? (seems the Rineharts come "complete"!)

Curious if the headers come with cones for the stepped mufflerbody transitions ... or if the Rinehart mufflers come tapered (like e.g. the Rush mufflers).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
One good reason to consider the new Rinehart headers (over the FM jackpots or the Libertyville X-Pipes):
No cutting and sealing issues of original head pipe sections!? (seems the Rineharts come "complete"!)

Curious if the headers come with cones for the stepped mufflerbody transitions ... or if the Rinehart mufflers come tapered (like e.g. the Rush mufflers).

Yep that is the only advantage I see is the complete header system and looks.

I always get a kick out of the performance claims. But ZERO evidence to back up those claims. Lloyds said on his Facebook site they were doing dyno tests on this full system and would post results, this was 2 days ago.

(Performance based system delivers a blast of torque and horsepower, outgunning all the other pipes on the market, Precision designed bends in the header routing significantly improve exhaust flow out of the motor, creating a superior scavenging effect, leading to much better performance, Innovative power chamber provides for equalization of exhaust pressure to front and rear cylinders, which maintains optimum head temperatures and greatly improves torque and horsepower)

·
Rider
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I believe that is the advantage here. No cutting or exhaust sealing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
Lloyd said they were going to post the before and after head pipe installation dyno results. Anyone find the results?

Nice to see more perf parts for our 111's
Screenshot_2019-05-04-09-58-42.png

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
Lloyd said they were going to post the before and after head pipe installation dyno results. Anyone find the results?

I haven't seen anything yet. If they don't post that tells you all you need to know about performance.

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
"Power Chamber"...ok. Got any dyno #$ to back that up? Looks like a nice H pipe crossover. I'm more of an X pipe design guy. Just looks cooler somehow. Might be talking about zero.0005hp difference lol

·
Rider
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

View attachment 486760
Do the exhaust gases converge at the fascia between the pipes or are they dual pipes held together by said fascia? I thought it was 2-1-2 but looking at the image I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
No results so far, reading Facebook discussion didn't look promising with no graphs. Want to compare to a stock bike? I want to see a comparison to a jackpot header or a x pipe. Said a 4 HP gain but where in the rpm range?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Are they a 2-1 merge? Or do the headers empty into the "box" and exit from there? Could have tuning issues. It sure doesn't look like there is a "merge" of any kind and that could be a problem.

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
No results so far, reading Facebook discussion didn't look promising with no graphs. Want to compare to a stock bike? I want to see a comparison to a jackpot header or a x pipe. Said a 4 HP gain but where in the rpm range?

They said 4 HP on the top end. Just like everything else. Funny they said they would put up Dyno charts right away. Now they are saying after they install another set..

If you look at the improved FM Stock Dyno (PVCX tuned stock bike) vs a S&S air intake x pipe and Rinenart slip ons with a PVCX tune there is a loss of torque in the low RPM range and no change in the higher RPM range and a whopping 3 HP on the top.

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
Guessing the next one will be a stock no tune vs exhaust and tune to show a bigger difference.
Yea, you can’t squeeze much more out of a 111 unless you add cams and or big bore. The biggest improvement you can do performance wise is a PVCX or PV3 on a stock bike, exhaust and intake are mostly cosmetic and for sound.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts