Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Scoutians,

I'm a newbie and this is my first rodeo on doing performance upgrades. I'm looking to upgrade my 2018 Scout Bobber with performance upgrades this month and looking for your opinions on making the right combo choice. I ride for pleasure most of the time but commute to work once in a while.

Here is what I am planning to go with (to be purchased from FuelMoto as they have a sale going on now!):
Air Intake : S&S StealthTwo Air Cleaner Kit
Exhaust : Rinehart 3.5" slip-on
EFI Tuner : Dinojet PV3

The questions I have and would appreciate if you could provide your feedback are:
1. Should I choose VH Slash or go with RH 3.5" slip-ons from a dB loudness scale point of view, if I want to be a little considerate of my neighbors not hating me but getting a good throaty sound at the same time?
2. Should I install a tuner like PV3 to tune myself obtaining maps from FuelMoto or skip it and do the professional DynoTuning instead? After this modification, I am not planning to make any performance changes for the next few years but I assume that tuning should be repeated atleast a year or so?

Any advice based on your experience?

·
Bronze member
2,702 Posts
FM PV3 and the FM stage 1 tune - and you are DONE !
Professional Dyno Tuning ???? No way, not gonna happen ...... Not unless you live in Wisconsin, or nearby one of the other few PV3 capable tuners.. Unless you are thinking you can duct tape a PC5 to your bike and get the local Harley Tuner to do a Harley tune on it - before going ghetto with a PV5, just leave the stock tune on it (which actually works quite well with your intended mod combo)..

Better hang on tight until you get used to the new power..

Those with knowledge of the slipons can chime in with their advice..

·
Registered
554 Posts
1. Should I choose VH Slash or go with RH 3.5" slip-ons from a dB loudness scale point of view, if I want to be a little considerate of my neighbors not hating me but getting a good throaty sound at the same time?
The Wife has the RH on her Scout Bobber. LOOUUUDDDD. Drowns out my Chieftain w/ War Horse Exhaust and 'barks' when you first start that bike. I still jump a bit if she starts it up when I'm behind the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts