Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Saddlemen BR1800 sissy bar bag which is awesome except for one thing - the bottom is the only side that isn’t rigid.

Since the bag base is larger than the rack, the rack deforms the bottom when tied down.

Anyone know of a good brand that has a tougher bottom?

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
If you wish to make the bottom of that bag rigid, you could get a bit of 1/4 inch Luan plywood and cut to fit the inner bottom of that bag. Luan is cheap, easy to obtain and easy to cut.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you wish to make the bottom of that bag rigid, you could get a bit of 1/4 inch Luan plywood and cut to fit the inner bottom of that bag. Luan is cheap, easy to obtain and easy to cut.

Just my opinion
yep that's a good idea. paint it black and it and its part of the bag and your out a few bucks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve already rigged it with junk from my basement - I want a higher quality piece with no goofing around.

It’s odd that Indian doesn’t offer one, given that they have everything else.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...and the rig fell off, dragged on the road, ruining the top of the bag. Lucky I didn’t go down.

Put the bag over the pillion and finished the trip.

I don’t think I’m going to use this pretty-but-useless luggage rack anytime soon. Nothing seems to fit it.

Question remains, is there any good luggage that fits the OEM sissybar luggage rack?

·
Registered
262 Posts
...and the rig fell off, dragged on the road, ruining the top of the bag. Lucky I didn’t go down.

Put the bag over the pillion and finished the trip.

I don’t think I’m going to use this pretty-but-useless luggage rack anytime soon. Nothing seems to fit it.

Question remains, is there any good luggage that fits the OEM sissybar luggage rack?
I know something that fits on the rack.

A box or two of Blueberry Chipotle chicken wings.

I have personally been able to safely transport 46 of the precious delights home with no problems.

;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts