121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

·
Registered
443 Posts
isin't it too long being 13 inches? I dont want my shift lever moving 1 inch in either direction to add this to my bike, i would forfeit the sweet spot I have my shifter in right now

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
isin't it too long being 13 inches? I dont want my shift lever moving 1 inch in either direction to add this to my bike, i would forfeit the sweet spot I have my shifter in right now
As it is, yes, it's too long. Fortunately, I have a good friend who works in the business of offering a helping hand. He's got the linkage now and is cutting it down to 8" for me. The linkage Dom provided is 8.25", with long heim joints, so with an 8" linkage and slightly shorter heim joints, the shifter will be positioned a bit closer to the front of the tank. Good eye, @Trench

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I’m late to get here, but can’t stop thinking about these hand shifters since I saw them. I emailed and texted Dom, but didn’t know if he’s still doing them. Anyone heard from him lately?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So I’m late to get here, but can’t stop thinking about these hand shifters since I saw them. I emailed and texted Dom, but didn’t know if he’s still doing them. Anyone heard from him lately?
He most definitely is. I was just on the phone with him a couple weeks ago and he was telling me about how he has continued to increase in sales and is going international. He is making these himself, and they do take some time, and he has some health issues, so you've got to be a little patient but he will get back to you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Reactions: S.Orona913

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
...congratulations...that is a "must mod" for my RM...very nice...!!!
I'm sure you've read that the Roadmaster hard lowers have to be trimmed in order to fit with this kit. NOT TRUE. All you need to do is remove the clear upper flaps (two bolts inside the storage compartments) and then slide the black plastic of the hard lower insert right over the shift kit's U-bolts. Adjust the alignment of the shift kit's cross member for smooth movement of the shift rod, and you're G2G.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know if the guy making these shifters is still doing it? I sent an email a couple of weeks ago but no response.

thanks,
Dan

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
Notice there is no pics of the left side of the bikes.... Last I saw, the left side linkage does not visually match the "flow" of the bikes' visuals - and could be unacceptable to some.. Then there is the right side "hunk of angle iron" ..............

The visuals / appearance of the kit is all that is needed to be worked on - which is simple, easy, work - to create a truly incredible accessory..

I'll buy two (one for each of my 111's) the instant the aesthetics are worked out.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Rider
848 Posts
Other than it, possibly, looking cool and it, most likely, being more of a hazard while riding, why would anyone install one?

Not a slam, just curious.

BD

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Other than it, possibly, looking cool and it, most likely, being more of a hazard while riding, why would anyone install one?

Not a slam, just curious.

BD
Hey BD,

Your question is well addressed early in this thread. Take a look back.

Reactions: Big Dawg
121 - 140 of 141 Posts