Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have pretty much given up on having my windshield for my trip this summer(oh fun fun), I remember being told they would be shipping the Nightflight in late April or May when I ordered in March, I'm at the point of maybe putting an Octane flair screen on my scout, if I can even get one of those in a month.

Has any one else put in an order through Rifle, am I an odd man out on my experience here? I saw good things posted about them on other forums so I was hoping for good things. I sent them a message through their contact us page I think a week ago and never heard anything, I don't want to be that irritating customer.

Thoughts?

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
I believe that you've been an patient customer. Asking for some feedback on delivery time 3 months after ordering is reasonable. Give them a call and ask what's up, ETA etc. Let them know that you're eager to have their product and are looking to have it for an upcoming trip. The nice squeaky wheel will get their windshield first. If they don't respond to that cancel the order and rethink your choices. Good luck.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So I have pretty much given up on having my windshield for my trip this summer(oh fun fun), I remember being told they would be shipping the Nightflight in late April or May when I ordered in March, I'm at the point of maybe putting an Octane flair screen on my scout, if I can even get one of those in a month.

Has any one else put in an order through Rifle, am I an odd man out on my experience here? I saw good things posted about them on other forums so I was hoping for good things. I sent them a message through their contact us page I think a week ago and never heard anything, I don't want to be that irritating customer.

Thoughts?
Rifle has been making quality products for years and my Son got one for his Honda. Really nice product and totally happy. So when he told me a couple months ago Rifle was planning to make one for Scout, I got on the Web site and gave them my email to notify me when available. No email to date so they are still in production phase. The web site still does not let you order one, just give your information for "wish list" and give them your email for notification when available. Since they have not taken "orders" there is no time commitment. How did you make your "order"?
Rifle Nightflight Motorcycle Quarter Fairing - Bikini Fairing for Harley-Davidson Sportster, Super Glide, Low Riders XLH, FXD, FXR, Narrow Glide Fairing

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rifle has been making quality products for years and my Son got one for his Honda. Really nice product and totally happy. So when he told me a couple months ago Rifle was planning to make one for Scout, I got on the Web site and gave them my email to notify me when available. No email to date so they are still in production phase. The web site still does not let you order one, just give your information for "wish list" and give them your email for notification when available. Since they have not taken "orders" there is no time commitment. How did you make your "order"?
Rifle Nightflight Motorcycle Quarter Fairing - Bikini Fairing for Harley-Davidson Sportster, Super Glide, Low Riders XLH, FXD, FXR, Narrow Glide Fairing

I called them, and placed it over the phone they took my credit card info, as they said they were only a couple months out I was like ok that'll work.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I called them, and placed it over the phone they took my credit card info, as they said they were only a couple months out I was like ok that'll work.
OK.. Call them and ask if they are still on a two month track from your order. Nothing wrong with following up with what they told you. I lived through Indian changing the arrival date several times on my first run Scout so I guess we have to be happy they hold up production to make improvements. When timeframes were missed though, I pushed for reason and new delivery estimate. Companies are used to customer persistence when it comes our bikes...

Dirty Bird makes fairing that one of my Scout buddies liked and put on his bike. The Rifle will be a little larger so it is all about preference. I think Rifle's is about ready to be released. May be the mounting hardware that is the holdup. Get them to tell you something and tell them you are going to post their reply on the forum because other members are interested in why the holdup....

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

Thoughts?
You are worried about being an irritating customer? What about them being a piss poor supplier? Nothing wrong with you Buddy but there's heaps wrong with them it seems,.....
Alpal

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Cheap temporary alternative would be this National Cycle N2531 fly screen. Easy to assemble and a bit more effective than the Dirty Bird fairing I had installed. Can find them for $125-$140. Takes a bit of blast off the chest.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheap temporary alternative would be this National Cycle N2531 fly screen. Easy to assemble and a bit more effective than the Dirty Bird fairing I had installed. Can find them for $125-$140. Takes a bit of blast off the chest.

Thanks troop but I don't want to pay duty taxes and the 33% low dollar tax on two items.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I called Rifle just a couple minutes ago, they re confirmed my order date of 1 April 2016 and stated that " He has not given me a firm date on when we will have that done" - gentleman I spoke with on the phone(name I think was Alex). So yeah they didn't confirm weather it was mounting brackets holding them up or what. So I guess I'm SOL for the time being. Shit! I like the fairing and it's size.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So I called Rifle just a couple minutes ago, they re confirmed my order date of 1 April 2016 and stated that " He has not given me a firm date on when we will have that done" - gentleman I spoke with on the phone(name I think was Alex). So yeah they didn't confirm weather it was mounting brackets holding them up or what. So I guess I'm SOL for the time being. Shit! I like the fairing and it's size.
My son loves his Rifle fairing since it is just right to block some wind and keep from buffeting... Some members have said it right about the taller windscreens causing the buffeting if not tall enough to cover all of you, and the Rifle fairing seems to be just right height to break some wind to chest area. That is why I cut my long 24" OEM screen down to the top mount to just block the wind on chest area and stop the buffeting. By cutting mine down I have about the same effect as the Rifle fairing would give. I just wanted something to relieve some of the wind on chest area at high speeds. This also allows me to attach the shield bag to the mount so I can have something to conveniently put things. I had mine custom painted like regular fairing since did not need to look through it at that height anyway. I'm still interested in the Rifle Fairing but happy now with this setup. As others have said, there are plenty of alternative options. As long as we are riding it is all good... It's all about preference.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Rifle contacted me to confirm my shipping address, I dunno what that means besides they confirmed my address, I don't want to read into anything, but I really like the look of the nightflight and everything points to it being the right size fairing/shield for the Scout.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My son loves his Rifle fairing since it is just right to block some wind and keep from buffeting... Some members have said it right about the taller windscreens causing the buffeting if not tall enough to cover all of you, and the Rifle fairing seems to be just right height to break some wind to chest area. .
WARUR, Thanks for the update on the Rifle.
BTW, What saddlebags are on your bike? I like the look and size. Do you have more photos anywhere on this site?
Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
WARUR, Thanks for the update on the Rifle.
BTW, What saddlebags are on your bike? I like the look and size. Do you have more photos anywhere on this site?
Thanks.
I picked up a set of medium size aftermarket bags and had them custom finished to give it a distress leather look. Everyone has their own preference but I wanted a smaller bag. If you get aftermarket bags, highly recommend the easy brackets. Securely mounts bags to bike and makes them easy to remove.
EasyBrackets Saddlebag Mounting System- Indian Scout (15-up)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts